Hey all, I'm new to modular synths and am interested in creating a rack for 2,000 or less that would offer me flexibility in sound design with the ability to sync with DAW midi clock, and be controlled by a midi keyboard and even control by guitar. I know it sounds ambitious but this was what i have put together. is there anything i am missing or something else i could use that would be cheaper or better?
ModularGrid Rack

I'd say a dedicated LFO like that would be a waste of your money, as something much better like an osc that goes into LFO speeds with more waveforms would be not much more and provide much more flexibility. Think a
So if you really need an output module. Most audio interfaces and external mixers can handle modular level outputs just fine. That's money that could be spent more wisely in a small system.

Also, the uzeus does not have headers to power Analogue System modules, so you'll need to track down an adapter somehow.

I also wouldn't miss out on getting the Quadra expander either. You'll be able to make ads right envelopes with it, as well as make square wave modulation. You will also be able to create some more complex modulation functions like quadrature chains, cross patching, etc.

And lastly, keep in mind that the moddemix, while interesting, is not always the best VCA in a small system. It's very quirky and distorts/colors any sound going through it. Like, a sine will never come through it as a sine.

Thanks for the advice exper. Although I think you cut a sentance off mid thought after where you talk about Flexibility on the LFO speeds early on. Any suggestions on an OSC that will go into LFO speeds?
Since the uzeus doesn't power Analogue Systems modules, I will just replace that Analogue System module for something else I find.

I will look into the Quadra as you make it sound really great.

I will also replace the VCA for something different per your suggestion. After I make changes I will post an updated rack. Really considering it all, I will need to go above my budget of $2,000.

Haha. Whoops. That though was simply, think about if you need an output module. Sorry for the confusion.

As for an osc capable of LFO speed, there's lots, all hovering in the 200-250 range, however, you can find deals on used ones bringing it closer to that LFOs price. Some great ones would be the Richter Oscillator, Intellijel Dixie, Tiptop z3000, I think the bubble sound vcoB goes into lfo rates, etc. Having a pair or Dixies would be great for FM anyway. They have the cleanest some in euro (while still being an analog osc) IMO.

Anyway, euro can get out of hand. You can also save a decent amount by learning to solder module kits.

I started out with a single row as well, I have no idea how I'm up to 5 rows with another 1 or 2 rows in the very near future. 0_O

the company EMW has some cheap modules if you wanna check em out.

If you're looking to sync to your DAW there's 2 ways I like doing that. One is via midi with my Yarns module. It has 4 channels of midi and gate sends and on board arpeggiator and euclidian sequencer. The other way is with the expert sleepers silent way modules. They have a few of them depending on what connections your audio interface has. I have the es3 that has lightpipe connection that lets me send 8 cv signals from my DAW including gates, LFOs, pitch cvs (which have a quicker response time than midi and can be automatically tuned by the software so perfect pitch tracking even on modules where the tracking is off) as well as allowing you to use an automation track from your DAW to control CV levels. So basically automation for your modular! If you have an audio interface thats dc coupled you can send cv signals from your audio interface output jacks using the silent way software without the need for their module. Spektro audio cv toolkit is also similarly useful for sending cv signals and I think was only $25 when I picked it up.