This is where i have now got to on my 1st row and wondering where to go next. would like to get levels under control ( clipping quite a bit ), so i guess some sort of attenuator or would an output module be better? I quite like the look of MI Shades as Dc offset could be useful? Intellijell Triatt? Or should i just go for the 2hp Trim for now? or the ALM Hpo for line level output. Lots of good comments on the Rosie too.
Any views on Lfos would be helpful too. looking at the Batumi but I am also drawn to getting maybe a clock generator/modulator instead like the qu-bit pulsar.
any thoughts/views would be gratefully received.

You should be able to use one of the four channels of Veils as a "stand-alone" attenuator (when you plug into one of its outs, it breaks the normalization to the channel below), and Maths can also do this, so I think you are pretty well covered with attenuators.

My recommendation for an offset plus attenuverter would be Happy Nerding 3xMIA, which is awesome. But again, I think you are pretty well covered in this regard, and that wouldn't be my next step.

For modulation, I would go with Zadar rather than Batumi. Zadar is great as an envelope generator and for general modulation (but admittedly, I have never used Batumi).

But how are you generating frequencies and gates for the VCO? How about a sequencer, quantizer, or a signal & hold for that? Or a Midi to CV converter if you like to play a keyboard into it? Or Marbles, that would also take you some way in this direction.

You have an oscillator, a filter, and a VCA. The Maths can pull duties as a envelope generator, but basically a very simple one in most cases.

How do you intend to control the pitch of the oscillator and trigger the envelope generator to then control the VCA? How do you intend on hearing the output? What about modulation of some of the CV inputs throughout the system?

The power of Eurorack lies in the modulation opportunities and being able to build complex chains of modulation to get something unique. For the amount of money that you're spending for the basics here, you can buy an entire synth voice in Eurorack or a semi-modular synth that's Eurorack compatible for a lot less money and with a lot more features. If you do a search on Synth-Voice in the module section, you'll have tons of options to get yourself going. The Manther looks pretty tasty to me. Take the money that you save and buy some sort of sequencer, effects, and some other useful modules. A proper synth voice will stay useful no matter how large your system grows. Sometimes it's a lot more convenient than patching up a basic sound if that's what you need.

Many thanks for taking the time to comment. I am on a learning journey currently and appreciate any help.
At the moment I am still finding out what each module can do, taking my time and am just creating loops. mixing them in with my other synths, which is fun. My thoughts for control are still in dispute. On the one hand I would like an outboard sequencer to control everything , Squarp Pyramid and Analogue Solutions Generator look fantastic but realistically a Beatstep Pro would probably Suffice. The other that is tempting, for a more organic feel, is some sort of random module like the Turing machine (or Marbles). Another idea I had was to get a semi modular like the Mother 32, which has a sequencer too). So comments/arguments for and against for these would be great.
I will bear the synth voice in mind though, mother 32 would be the first choice I think (although the Grandmother is lush too). I agree the Manther does look awesome and only 26hp! was looking at the Pittsburgh Lifeforms too. I did think I wanted to create my own synth voice though, and would need to add another 1 or 2 oscillators and definitely more modulation. so food for thought, thanks.

The AS Generator isn't something I'd choose. Sure, it LOOKS great and I do think it's an improvement over the Oberkorn. But it comes in its own cab (and you should NEVER put something that already has power into a case that's intended for things that DON'T), and I just think it's less business, more show. Rather, go smaller and cheaper...and you find more capable things such as Pittsburgh's Sequencer Designer 128, Make Noise's Rene mkii (which tandems with their Tempi), The Harvestman's Stillson Hammer mkii, Squarp's Hermod, Zetaohm's FLXS1, or the 1010 Music Toolbox. The Generator has that "sexy module syndrome" issue...great looks, lots of lights and colors, but there's boring-looking stuff that can kick the crap out of it in less space and for less money.

Go with the Batumi + Poti expander. Frankly, ANY signal with a vertical leading edge will function as a clock signal, and it doesn't really matter what happens after that leading edge. Where longer pulses matter is if you're trying to trigger sustains on envelopes, or if you're trying to create patterns with logic, which require proper pulses for combinatorial/exclusionary purposes. The only example above where I think that having a clock gen is critical would be in going with the Rene mkii, since it and Make Noise's Tempi are designed to work in tandem with some backplane connectivity. And in several others of these, they HAVE clocks already. Always try to add as much functionality as you can in single modules in a small build like this; if you can make the same 20 hp do 8 different things, why would you fill up that same space with something that can only do 2-3?

I would add a second (or even a third) VCO (something more "normal") to put against the Wavetable VCO to fatten up the sound somewhat. And then after these, use a mixer. Also, consider a proper stereo mixer and an output stage.

Don't build with just this one voice in mind, also. Work out a full-on final build first with the intention that you could land at that build's end-point and be happy, then if you have to make any adjustments, make those to conform with the ideal final build. Otherwise, you're just tossing modules into a box at this point, and that's not a good way to go at this. It's not "futureproof", so to speak.

Thanks. Good comments.
I have got several incarnations of a final build, with more vcos and modulation and resonance. this is just what I have sourced so far and love the sound of.
just a bit stuck as to whether or not to go for sequencer inside the rack or not.
maybe i will go for random inside and step outside.
looking for recommendations.
I have considered the Rene/Tempi combo but takes up a lot of hp. Marbles has had the most positive comments. I also looked at, as an interim, the pico seq. might even attempt to diy a turing!

You're thinking in terms of "main sequencer." That's fairly okay.

Where sequencing gets juicy (in my opinion) is combining different types of sequencers to perform different roles. I often combine stand alone trigger/gate sequencers with stand alone pitch sequencers to create something complicated. The sequencer might control an aspect other than pitch and the main volume VCA. It will run in tandem with my "main" sequencer using resets triggered from the main sequencer.

For example, I might have a Noise Engineering Mimetic Digitalis modifying my filter's resonance with a Temps Utile running a Euclidean pattern that triggers the Mimetic and another Euclidean firing off an envelope controlling the FM of the filter cutoff. Both Temps and Mimetic are reset by the main sequencer (usually a 1010 Music Toolbox). The main sequencer is still controlling the oscillator's pitch and the main VCA via another envelope.

You can substitute many different modules but the point is to get out of the idea that one sequencer of one type is going to get you interesting results. It's always good to have other sequencers in your set-up as they can really add some polish or interesting modulation to whatever you have going.

Good points, Ronin...let me add that having a gate sequencer (determinate, random, etc) plus some things to tamper with timing opens up a whole new set of possibilities when paired with logic-type modules such as Boolean logic, comparators, discriminators and so forth. Like the above examples of pairing different sequencers, this is a gateway into a different sort of sequential control...this time, with the capability of complex rhythmic and timing results spiking up. So, yeah...the point about what you pair the sequencer(s) with is very important.

Most definitely, Lugia. I like letting my modular take the reigns when figuring out the rhythm. The results are often much more complex and inspiring than programming in my own gates. I'll use a logic module two blend two sets of gates together. I have also found that summing gates offers lots of variation. Instead of running the two signals through a logic module, I pass them through my Intelligel VCA. If you keep each signal under the trigger threshold, you get an "AND" quality when they are summed together. By controlling the VCAs with another sequencer you can choose between 1, 2 or the sum if you're careful about your levels (some experimentation as to how hot of a gate is needed for the module being addressed), you get tons of variation.

Wow thanks. really given me something to think about.
I think, for now, I will go with what I know and go from there.
So an MI Marbles in the rack, which I am familiar with from using in VCV rack and possibly an Arturia Keystep or Beatstep for stand alone.
Once again many thanks to all. Think I can finally get 1st row finished now.