Hello MG forum--I am, like some other beginners on the forum, not new to electronics or electronic music, but I am to the world of modular synthesizers. I am planning my first system now.

When I think of component placement in a vacuum-tube amplifier or in my various effects circuits, I avoid placing certain things near each other for various reasons (like keeping power wiring away from audio wiring in an amp, etc.).

• Are there modules that should not go near one another?
• Do some "not get along" when placed on the same bus in a rack?

I appreciate in advance any advice from you all!

--BC

I discovered to not place sensitive modules like spring reverbs next to the modulars power supply. They pick up easily hum.
Also if you plan to include 5V modules it makes sense to place them in one row so you only need one of those adapter thingies.

Thanks, solitud! I've begun noting power requirements more closely.

I discovered to not place sensitive modules like spring reverbs next to the modulars power supply. They pick up easily hum.
Also if you plan to include 5V modules it makes sense to place them in one row so you only need one of those adapter thingies.

-- solitud

Thanks for the information solitud!
BTW, do you think the power supply's magnetic field will affect the modules? I heard about that on some Youtube videos.