I'm new to Eurorack and decided to build a rack here on MoularGrid.
ModularGrid Rack

I was looking for advice on this; is there anything missing/needs to be removed?
I want this rack to be able to do a wide variety of things, but I wanted to keep it simple.

I haven't bought anything yet; I'm just testing the waters on whats a good idea and whats not. Any advice will be appreciated!

Hi Synthy-Synthesizing,

Ha, ha, you are using an Doepfer A-100 case with 1U strips, does it exist? :-) Would be nice if they really do but I doubt it a bit. An Intellijel 7U * 104 HP might be a nice choice instead? That gives you a bit space to extend in the (near) future as well.

Without knowing what you have externally (any other stuff other than this rack or is "this it")? If you don't have any external gear then this looks a "bit" too less to me. If you have already some (external) stuff then perhaps good to mention.

Generally you need to look at least at some oscillators, LFOs, envelopes and don't forget filters, VCAs, audio input/output module, perhaps a small mixer, at least one sequencer to start with and perhaps some other stuff, it really depends on what you want and need. In your shown rack I see a few components but it doesn't look complete to me.

Good luck with the planning and kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

How are you planning on sending note information to this rig? I see no form of note sequencer or MIDI in.

The Maths can be used as a modulation source. But I don't think it's a substitute for a true LFO or CV generator.

The Intellijel Quad VCA will do for now as a mixer. But I would suggest a dedicated mixer to free up the VCAs to do their intended jobs.

As Garfield pointed out, if you're using Intellijel 1U modules, you'll need an Intellijel case with a 1U row. Note... only Intellijel compatible 1U modules will fit in it. You can't use the Pulp Logic style "tiles" in it.

I would not buy this set-up. You won't get anywhere useful with it. You need a greater understanding of modular, especially utilities and sequencing hardware. I always suggest VCV Rack (it's free) and is a great learning tool for that reason. If you can make patches that you like in VCV Rack, then you probably have enough understanding of Eurorack to put together your first real-world case.