ModularGrid Rack

Hey guys:)

I need some opinions. This is my rack till so far. I have 21 hp space left and was looking for recommendations about what I should go for next.

The style im usually playing/hoping to achieve ranges depending on the occasion, from techno, industrial techno, to melody/arpeggiated lines in the likes of colin benders/steevio(i wish it was that good, just giving an example as to the style). Ambient/experimental is another genre but i think that can be achieved with the appropriate patching.

Patches usually involve the pitch of the Dfam sequencer and Stages going into the a138-2 matrix mixer and blending the two to varying degrees to alter sequences on the fly before going to uscale for quantazing.
Temps utile is on clock duty. Rampage, Tides (again blended in the matrix mixer) and remaining gates of stages provide modulation for the rest of the modules.
Dfam provides percussive or bass sounds depending on the style, same with the Basimilus. Also I take the 2nd VCO of DFAM out separately from the whole VCA, giving me any additional voice that goes usually goes through the MN LPG.
Elements is for percussive stuff, or more droney depending if going for experimental

In addition to the rack, i have a semi-modular dreadbox erebus which gives me another 2 voices,
Also an elektron AR taking care of the drums so im not so keen on using the remaining space for drum modules, and an octatrack for looping the modular or occassional pre-recorded background loops.

I really like Verbos modules and of course Cwejman but prices mean have to wait for a really good deal or waiting to save more.

Thanks for any recommendations:)

Hi Yiannisel,

The above rack, is that what you are planning to have or did you got that already?

In my opinion, I would either go for an extra rack for some extra space, so you don't have much planning-worries about those 21 HP or, the cheapest solution, remove the DFAM and put that back in its own casing, that saves you here almost one third of your rack space... well at least 60 HP :-)

Kind regards and good luck, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hey Garfield Modular:) It is what I already have.
Yes sure, once it is full and if still in need of more modules then the DFAM will certainly be the first one to come out and go back to its case:) But will try to first make sure that I cannot make do with a full case as it is for now. Thanks