Hey everyone,

I am starting to dip my toes into Eurorack as my quarantine new hobby/exploration. About a year ago I got an Make Noise 0-coast and more recently a Moog Grandmother to start seeing how I liked it. Turns out I enjoy the patching and noise exploration side of things. So far music I've been making has been wonky noise, dark techno-ish, experimental things but that's mostly because I don't have a full grip. Eventually I would like to figure out making generative ambient while also enjoying dark music.
In the last week I got a Pamela's New Workout, Storm (Clouds expanded clone... I learned this company copied the design from another... sorry other company!), quad vca, maths, and Rene v2. I've been using the 0coast and grandmother oscillators and other functions. But below is how I envision building it but I would love some feedback.
alt text

Anyways, do I have any glaring holes (apart from drums/percussion- I will likely explore that once I have a solid effects and synth voice oscillator system)?

Thanks!

Actually, the Mutable Instruments modules are open source projects. Yes, that also means that Mutable doesn't get paid from the clones...but it DOES mean that when Mutable takes them out of production, there's still ways to acquire that same circuitry, even if the panels and form factor might be different.

The only "hole" I see here is that there's no dedicated method for manipulating CV and modulation signals...mixing, inverting, etc. But the rest of the choices are very solid...which means there's going to be a problem in trying to jam that functionality in. My choice for what should go would be the Chronoblob2, which would open 12 hp. This would make two very good CV manipulators possible: the 4ms SISM and Tiptop's MISO. Both of these allow DC-coupled mixing, but also inversion, various CV arithmetic functions, etc, and having those will really blow open your control possibilities. Plus, if you still insist on having the delay line in there, the MISO would allow for a 2hp Delay; if you locate this on the very end of a row, it'll still be easy enough to manipulate.

But if tandemmed with the 0-Coast, this is a pretty damn good build. Presumably, you'd sum your audio back down to the 0-Coast's output to get the levels down to line. Looks like you did your homework here!

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely check out the MISO that sounds cool. Yeah I kinda felt between the storm, lubadh, and chronoblob2 I had perhaps too many effects (especially considering the things the distings can do).

Yeah I've been drooling over modules for awhile then with the corona-bucks coming in (in the USA) got a bit of seed money to start this exciting but dangerous habit. Yeah I am trying to figure out how to mix the different signals. Right now with my limited set up I am using the quad VCA as a mixer. But once I have more reason to use VCAs I will refigure out how to mix things down. I will cross that bridge when I get there.

I more meant, that it looks like according to this that the Storm is a direct copy of the microcell that was undercut in price massively at release (though that is allowed based on Creative Commons license). Source: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=217247&start=25 Here the microcell maker seemed a bit peeved and I felt bad that I bought a copy without knowing.

Thanks, again!