I previously had 2 smaller cases, but got an 84hp intellijel case as a gift, so I have decided to combine all of my modules, resulting in the mix you see below. I am mainly into beats/techno (hence all the NE) but have a taste for ambience here and there and seem to be able to get it all from this setup so far. I'd like to fill the case and I do have a few ideas (like maybe Pam'sNW and perhaps another voice). I know the whole "you know your own synth best and it depends on what you want to achieve with it", but I am just hoping for some outside thoughts on what others would do or where they would take this setup next. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I should also probably note that I also have a beatstep pro as well, so I'm pretty set on sequencers, so I think?

Edit: Thanks for the replies.

I'd get a sampler like Bitbox or the smaller new Bitbox. Just to add some variety and random bits and chords and vox to the heavy drum stuff

Bitbox looks cool. I'll look into that a bit more tonight. I do have a Nutella/tsunami that I built which is a polyphonic drum/sampler but it's a bit on the fritz, so maybe that is a good replacement.

Please...more ideas! Thanks

Hi Mucho,

Some more ideas...? Well, then you might perhaps want to consider the Erica Synths - Black Octasource, a hell of a psychopath of a module that can make even the most boring module sound like a good module. The modulation possibilities are fantastic, mind the modulation possibilities that the Octasource can provide to other modules. It might be in the beginning (when you get to start to know this Octasource) a bit rough module to tame, but once you got it in your way under control, you can do influencing other modules on some real nice modulation level with this beast.

And if you and the Octasource completely want to go bananas then modulate the Octasource too, nothing is real after that any more ;-)

Kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

There's a brand new version of BitBox that has a much more powerful processor in it. It's the same price as the old Bitbox. I'd get that one.

The only downside to the newest version is that they haven't ported over the alternative firmwares yet.