Hi all,

What would balance out this system in your opinion? What is the perfect way to interface it with the rest of the gear while replacing some of the functionality in the hole that is left from where the neutron was going to go (i'm considering leaving it out of the case).
I have some of the modules here already and more are on their way. Just brainstorming where to take it from here. I would like some more sequencing ability either through midi from my elektron boxes or a sequencer in eurorack format. Also would like it to function as a standalone unit without the neutron if needed, so I am looking at dual vcos that would be good to replace the neutron's and probably some more modulation. Also... any other glaring things I am missing? Other things I think i might need more of are cv offset / attenuverters / vcas / clock modulators. Thanks for any advice, very appreciated.

ModularGrid Rack

Hi tegralogic. What kind of music/sound are you aiming for?

I am mostly looking to make ambient ish melodies / basslines / leads to compliment more downtempo percussive stuff from my elektron boxes. What I make in the modular will likely get sampled and mangled in the octatrack. Would also like to double down with that and remangle in a morphagene but not sure if I should build up a better foundation of modulation and utility first and then get morphagene when I upgrade cases or just go for it..

As far as sequencing, I am a fan of the Malekko Voltage Block/Varigate 4+ combo in a smaller case. I recently picked up a WMD Arpitecht, and it's great for coming up with some melodic lines that can stay static or shift around. I'm having a lot of fun with it for straightforward leads/basslines, drifting ambient melodies (with random modulation), and chords using the Triad expander with an Acid Rain Chainsaw polyphonic oscillator.
VCOs are more a personal preference thing. I really like the sound of the Endorphin.es oscillators (Furthrrr Generator and Godspeed), but others would probably recommend something along the lines of the Intellijel Rubicon/Dixie combo, Verbos, or Make Noise DPO for a complex oscillator setup. The Synthesis Technology E352 is a super-killer versatile sound source for ambient stuff too (check out DivKid's video on YouTube). That might be worth a look for you.
For all of this stuff, I'm sure you would get a hundred different answers if you ask a hundred people, so your best bet is to check out a lot of demos to figure out your personal sound and workflow preferences.
Have fun and good luck!