Hi everybody,

I own a Synthtech E352, and I use the WaveEdit software.
There is something I want to do.
Creating a wavetable wave by wave, and not a complete wavetable in one time as the WaveEdit do.

I plan to record electromagnetic fields and create wavetable with those recordings.

I don't find information about this.

So if someone could help me it will be very apreciate.

Thanks for your help

Really, no one?

Hey... not many people are on this forum from what I can gather! I didn't see this until now :)

What would you use to record the electromagnetic fields?

The most obvious thing that comes to mind is this:

https://somasynths.com/ether/

Then I guess you could use any audio wave editing software? Audacity perhaps?

I think they're actually talking about data sonification here, not working with EM audio. The OP probably should contact Paul Schreiber @ Synthesis Technology directly to get this answered, frankly.

Hi,

I have equipment for recording.
Zoom H5, LOM Priezor, Mikro Usi and Elektrosluch Mini City.
And I thought about using Soundforge of course, but I hope a software exists for this.
I'll ask Paul Schreiber one day.

Thanks.

Go for it :)

Sorry I couldn't help more...!

Good luck!

...and please do report back with your progress, I am interested to se/hear what you do here :)

Yes I let you know If I can do something listenable.
I've contacted Paul Schraber.

Hi,

I've made some electromagnetic fields recordings and I've created a wavetable from those recordings.
Here you can download a file with the raw recordings and 2 wavetables ( with and without effects ).
https://1fichier.com/?36297341vhlksrpwltzt

Let me know what you think of this.
Electromagnetic fields from laptop, smartphone, internet box, electric meter, fridge, induction hob.

Feel free to use the sounds to make sample or wavetable or whatever you want.
I you want.

Cheers

That's very nice of you - thank you!!

They sound good :)

It would be great to know what the actual process was if you don't mind sharing?

I open the longest file in Soundforge.
Then I've selected about 68 very small parts (from a zero crossing to another) from this file and copy past them one after the other in a new file.

It's not exactly what I wanted to do, because the lenght of the different parts are not the same.
But it works fine.

It can be done with whatever you want .wav file.

Nice, yeah, this is how I though you did it, very cool - thanks for sharing :))

It's not easy to get pitch perfect waveforms all together in a file like that, takes a lot of preparation and careful thought usually, which is why the WaveEdit app is so brilliant!