Hey all, I'm getting started on my Eurorack journey and am looking for recommendations about monitors. I mostly come from the live/band drumming world, so monitoring electronics beyond "can I hear my bandmates?" is very new to me!

My intent is to use my synth to process and interact with some acoustic/electric instruments, especially an old Yamaha CP-70 electric piano I have. Currently, I'm outputting my rack audio through a Bastl Ciao to a small Yamaha digital mixer, which is also getting audio from the piano. (Eventually, the piano audio will be going into the rack via an I/O module.) I'm doing some simple DAW demoing from there when the mood strikes, but mostly just listening to the summed mix on headphones as I learn this new combined instrument. If I really want to hear something in the room, I'll do a quick monitor via my very standard home theater receiver and speakers. But I do want to invest in some quality monitors that will help me physically experience the music more!

I've looked at Genelec 8030 monitors based on some advice from friends, my local shop, videos, etc. My Sweetwater sales rep recommended I look at Focals, but as more of a studio thing. I'm thinking that I want monitors that specifically represent electronic music well vs. ones that are designed for flat studio response and mixing. (Correct me if I'm off-base with that thinking.) And it's hard to know what people are legitimately recommending vs. trying to sell you... I work in marketing, so I know how the game works!

Anyway, your recommendations are welcome at any price point. I'd rather make a bigger investment that's going to keep working as I get better at this vs. a cheaper quick fix now. Thanks all!