this user has left ModularGrid

Hi all,

Bought my first modular system a new Doepfer A100 Basic system and look forward to patching and tweaking it with my Make Noise 0-coast and Elektron gear. I have 84HP row free for expansion so been toying with the modules to add once I know the Doepfer modules inside and out this year. I like ambient, techno, and industrial music. So adding unique modules like a fun waveshaper would be fantastic to fill out my first case and to avoid duplicating what my Elektron gear can do. I already have tons of drum samples on my Elektron gear so no need to buy these drum modules. I really enjoy cool light shows and knobs and switches without menu diving and tiny screens. The 4ms Spherical Wavetable Navigator and Spectral Multiband Resonator modules look like endless fun to add to the empty row of space as well as more VCAs and EGs.

Here is one of my first pages on the Doepfer A100 with Make Noise 0-coast for the kick drum.

Hi Sacguy71,

Congratulations on your first Eurorack system! And from the look of your video, you are straight away enjoying it a lot :-) Nice 0-coast & 0-ctrl from Make Noise by the way, so lovely & useful modules they are!

Yes take it easy with that 84 HP free space, gain some experience with your setup and after a while I think you will start to know and realise what you might miss and might want to add, but take it easy on that one; step by step. You only have 84 HP left :-)

I wish you have loads of more fun with your setup and please enjoy, kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

@Garfield Modular,

Thanks! Yeah I had a blast today at lunch messing around with the crazy Doepfer A-171-2 VCS Slew processor/generator take on Serge low pass gate. Little good documentation on how it works and I tweaked cables and learned how to use it. Also a fan of S&H with creating weird patterns without a sequencer. I figured out how to create different kick drum and acid bass lines today with envelopes and LFOs. Here is what I came up with today:

I am finding out that with just one VCO, filter, LFO and EG, one can do really cool stuff. It is a fun learning process!

Hi Sacguy71,

He, he, yes, you are nicely busy with exploring your rack. Nice video, it's lovely to watch you playing and discovering the possibilities of the modules and modular synth in common :-) !

Try to give that A-110-2 VCO some CV input (as well as other modules).

Have fun, enjoy the weekend and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks, yeah will explore stuff tonite and this weekend. So fun! I did order a new Keith McMillen K-mix to chain my modular and other gear together and manage levels. Plus nice touch of the K-Mix mixer is that I can layer reverb and delay on the modular without buying a dedicated module for that. I do have some more modules on the way to fill the empty 84HP space heheh