Would really appreciate some feedback on my system ( I tried to build a balanced drum/synth fun workbox system). I don't own the tetrapad, tete, doepfer a-111 and lxd yet ( but that's what i have planned to purchase next).
Is there anything you would use instead of those 4 modules mentioned above?
alt text

I am already craving for more vco's ...but I guess I should leave it the ways it is....considering the size of this system. How balanced do you find it? I was thinking also of a matrix mixer, but i couldn't find a way to add it ( most of them take a lot of hp).

The only thing I would like to have more of in a rack like this would be more sync and FM capability, but apart from that the rack seems it would be fun to work with.

Thank you Gunnar! Sync as in clocks? ( I do own 2 Happy Circuit - Missing Links) Do you think I should go for the Dixie 2+ instead of the Doepfer vco? I thought an analog vco with basic waveforms would sound a bit different than the Enosc...

@Pomodoro, I'd want more than just the MMF for filtering (unless I'm missing something), otherwise looks like a pretty interesting and fun rack.

Thank you Troux! Yes, I do have the Mum M8.
I do not own yet the Tetrapad with Tete and I am wondering ( drum sequencing wise ) how likely to obtain same functionality as in Numeric Repetitor from NE. How immediate can it be? Is it the same scroll through pages like in Pnw, to set different clocks/steps?

Yes the Dixie is very nice and since you already have the components vca, envelopes I think it would do better then the Doepfer voice. I was referring to oscillator sync, the Dixie would then take it's pitch from the sync input and as a carrier of the wave from the other oscillator it stays in that pitch while you modulate the carrier. Another idea would be to stick with the Doepfer but add Warps from Mutable instruments, there you have a carrier with through zero capabilities. Or use the A-110-4 from Doepfer as a carrier, it also has TZFM (through zero), A-110-6 would be even better along with the 111 as the modulator. Just some ideas, you may not like it :)

I might consider then the Dixie. And I do not think it has too much in common with the Enosc, right? ( sonic wise)
Enosc itself has a unique vco architecture.

Appreciate Gunnar!

Yes the Enosc is probably a fantastic instrument on it's own, but I have not studied it enough. It's main function is to obtain modulation within it's own architecture I think. I think the Dixie is very solid, it has that wave-shape west coast feel.

Yes the Enosc is probably a fantastic instrument on it's own, but I have not studied it enough. It's main function is to obtain modulation within it's own architecture I think. I think the Dixie is very solid, it has that wave-shape west coast feel.
-- GunnarWaage
Should I replace the Lxd with a uFold ( Intellijel) ? Would uFold work just like MI Warps? Same time i was thinking Lxd would work well for drums and not only...

The only dedicated wavefolder I have is the Fold Processor from Tiptop Audio and can't recommend it enough. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tiptop-audio-fold-processor

Warps can work as a carrier oscillator. I like the Lxd for the strike input, I have that on my DPO and I think it's the same one, just patching a sine wave into it has dramatic rhythmic effects.

Personally I'm a huge (huge) fan of the Serge Wave Multiplier. Wow 😮 Might not be worth it in a smaller case though.

Thanks Troux! Now, I am not sure which direction should I take...Lxd or a wavefolder for this system...( which one of the two's will be useful for both drums and synth lines?) Lxd for sure...Is there an example with a wavefolder altering the drums/percussion?