Hey all,
Looking for thoughts and opinions on the Varigate 8+ and the Eloquencer. Anyone ever used both or have insights to share about what their preference is?

Thanks
Zenboy

Eloquencer is garbage. Varigate all the way!!

Are you nuts? The Varigate is for tards and simps. I'm on team Elequencer.

Shots fired!

this user has left ModularGrid

Neither! Well I like what I see on sequencers like the WMD Metron that is a pretty cool sequencer as well as Euclidian Circles for unusual ways to sequence things. I am not a big fan of menu diving tiny screens as that is what I have Elektron gear for and I wanted to get away from computers and menu diving to play with knobs, dials, switches and patch cables old skool style for me.

Haven't used the Varigate, though it looks like a very capable and fun sequencer. I opted for the Eloquencer, and have found it very intuitive, reliable, and powerful. I don't really enjoy menu-diving, but the Eloquencer's menu system is pretty shallow and easy to use in the same vein as Pamela's New Workout. Most of what you need is on the surface if you aren't getting too complex.
The probability settings are what really sold it for me. It's super simple to add some humanization, semi-randomness, and movement to all of your patches. For my money, it was the best overall sequencer.
I also have a Voltage Block, Arpitecht, and Moffenzeef Mito for different cv/gate sequencing flavors, but the Eloquencer is definitely my go-to.