Hi everybody,

So I'm working on a modular that would allow me to record parts with creative uses of synthesis and effects, and also to generate its own melodies and chord progressions (using Marbles and Stages as a sequencer) to provide me with ideas to build on later with other tools in my DAW.
I almost have all the modules, the only ones missing are Ultrafold, Arbhar and Mimeophon.
I also have 4hp left free which I don't really need for anything.
I would be interested in what your opinion is of this rack. Do you have ideas on how to improve it? Am I missing something?

ModularGrid Rack

looks quite balanced to me
probably don't need the buffered mult (only needed for pitch) and if you need passive mults then I'd expect you to use headphone splitter style ones or stackcables - so this could go and make space for an fx aid xl which would add a multitude of different modulate-able effects in a small space

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks for the feedback, will take a look at the fx aid xl!
To be honest, I've use headphone splitters for a while now and it's just that I don't like the ergonomy of it, I much rather have a module for mult in my system!

if you are using stages for sequencing you might want more envelopes. Maths could more or less replace Function + Shades + Kinks and would give you an extra envelope for only 2hp extra space. Also, bear in mind you need 2HP for the Arbhar expander and that random modulation is really useful for getting the most out of granulators.

Thanks for the feedback, will take a look at the fx aid xl!
To be honest, I've use headphone splitters for a while now and it's just that I don't like the ergonomy of it, I much rather have a module for mult in my system!
-- Martebar

I completely understand don't like headphone splitters much, either - stackcables are pretty good though - if you really want a mult in the rack I'd consider a passive, if you don't need a buffered one - and I don't think you do - both saves cash and power consumption

if you are using stages for sequencing you might want more envelopes. Maths could more or less replace Function + Shades + Kinks and would give you an extra envelope for only 2hp extra space. Also, bear in mind you need 2HP for the Arbhar expander and that random modulation is really useful for getting the most out of granulators.
-- richc90

Whilst I absolutely love Maths - I wouldn't replace those modules in this case with it - mainly because I always see it as more than the sum of it's parts - I'd want both maths and those modules

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

if you are using stages for sequencing you might want more envelopes.
-- richc90
Frankly, it's not something I do that often, I don't know why I wrote it like that, it's just that if I ever want to build more complex chord progressions, I would use it like that. But I use it mostly as an envelope generator.

Also, bear in mind you need 2HP for the Arbhar expander and that random modulation is really useful for getting the most out of granulators.
-- richc90
I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

And I already bought the buff, I'm super happy with it :)