this user has left ModularGrid

I have a Malekko Richter Anti-Oscillator VCO and Dual Borg filter on the way. Unfortunately neither manual explains how to plugin these modules correctly in a case and I don't want to screw up and blow them up causing a loss of the product. Any ideas on how to align the module, ribbon cable correctly in a basic Doepfer A100 case?

RED stripe is -ve

there should either be a marker or a shrouded header on both the busboard and the module

if there is a shrouded header then the ribbon cable will only fit in one way

if there is only a marker - maybe a line, maybe the word RED, maybe -VE then match this to the red stripe

NB check the cable is made correctly: there is a tiny triangle on the cable header on the same side as the key - to the left - the red stripe should always match this

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks I will check when it arrives hopefully sometime this week. I chose these new modules to fill up my rack and have another sound source.

Hi Sacguy71,

Which Doepfer case do you have? Anyway, most (if not all) of the Doepfer cases, as far as I am aware, do have the -12 V (the red stripe) at the bottom of the busboard connector. So if you look straight at the power connector in the Doepfer case, then the -12 V should be at the bottom of the connector.

Then on the module, on the backside on the PCB there is usually also somewhere a -12 V marker, make sure that there is the red stripe connected too.

I came across a few modules though where one couldn't see the -12 V marker (there wasn't one). In those cases I had that, luckily the power cable was already connected by the manufacturer. To make sure I wouldn't screw up, I documented those modules how the -12 V had to be connected, just in case I would remove the power cable and forgot how to connect it again... so you might want to do something similar when you receive those modules. Check if the manufacturer pre-plugged that power cable already, if yes, write down somewhere how it's connected, for future references.

Good luck and please let us know how things go once you receive the modules. I want to see pictures of the smoke coming out of your modular once you switch on the power :-D

Ha, ha, I am just teasing you, just be careful and check on both sides (module-PCB and the Doepfer case) where and how the -12 V (the red stripe) needs to be connected.

I hope you enjoy your new anti-VCO (quite curious how that works out... anti-VCO... hmm interesting that "anti") and the filter, kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks everyone,

I figured it out with help from the good folks at Noisebug and Malekko support. It is to match the red strip side to the -12v spot on the Doepfer A100 basic case. Worked like a charm, no smoke, nice green blinky lights and hours of fun exploring the new modules this evening. Yowzer, the Malekko Richter Anti-Oscillator, Dual Borg Filter and Batumi LFO are pure insanity. Incredible modulation choices. Plus nice sequenced melody flute like tones with my Korg SQ-1 or brutal industrial mayhem if pushed that way. Now to figure out what else to add to the setup to finish my first case? What would you recommend that would add spice and be helpful? By the way here is my current setup and test run of the new modules after I installed them this evening:

Thanks everyone,

I figured it out with help from the good folks at Noisebug and Malekko support. It is to match the red strip side to the -12v spot on the Doepfer A100 basic case. Worked like a charm, no smoke, nice green blinky lights and hours of fun exploring the new modules this evening. Yowzer, the Malekko Richter Anti-Oscillator, Dual Borg Filter and Batumi LFO are pure insanity. Incredible modulation choices. Plus nice sequenced melody flute like tones with my Korg SQ-1 or brutal industrial mayhem if pushed that way. Now to figure out what else to add to the setup to finish my first case? What would you recommend that would add spice and be helpful? By the way here is my current setup and test run of the new modules after I installed them this evening:

-- sacguy71

Glad to hear it - take your time - enjoy what you have and learn it inside out - don't buy anything else until you know. everything well and find yourself reaching for something that isn't there a good few times and repeat

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Thanks yeah the system is tons of more fun now for me.
I can easily get lost just with the crazy modulation in Batumi. Now I know why it is a popular LFO!
Borg filter is wicked fun for industrial to smooth filter action. I like the larger knobs on these modules.

I probably could benefit from a clock, quantizer and utility modules as well as another EG of some type. The mistake I made was getting another audio mixer module (Intellijel Mixup) and the wrong EG with the Malekko Quad EG. Thinking of sending those two modules back for a refund and getting the missing utilities. Thoughts? Perhaps something like an Intellijel dual ADSR, Make Noise Maths or Pamela's New Workout to clock my setup?

you say you could benefit from:
a clock? (this also applies to the quantizer) - ok aren't you using midi? you have a midi->cv converter!
- sequencing from a computer? use midi clock and notes should be quantized straight out of a midi -> cv
- playing from a keyboard - again quantized output - could use a midi merge and clock from a computer
- don't like the midi->cv module/sequencing midi in computer - take it out and get a sequencer - that has a clock out!
a quantizer - see clock
utility modules? - yes... everyone needs more utilities, even me! see below

Always best to get dc coupled everything if you can! - But not a lot of stereo mixers are dc coupled

What didn't you like about the Malekko Quad EG?

Intellijel dual adsr - do you really need more ADSRs? - I keep thinking about getting one and then looking at stages and realizing I have one and another 2 in peaks! - and then thinking about getting one - as those are always used for something else but most of the time I just use D or AD envelopes - this seems to be 'normal'ish for a lot of modular synthesis - unless you specifically want to play with a keyboard, then I can see the benefit or want really long - if you really do feel the need for more adsrs - then I would consider a pair of the 2hp ones - especially if you are a set and forget type - or at least get rid of the doepfer!

Maths - yes - brilliant module - worth way more than the sum of it's parts - a veritable patch programmable analog computer of a module - BUT I don't personally class this as utilities - whilst it has a slew (hehe) of utilities in it, I think it's more useful to see it as a feature module - so that you can patch program it - and not just use it for basic utilities - so I always recommend getting at least an lfo, attenuverters, etc as well... but you already have a function generator - do you need another?

Pam's - yeah it's useful - but do you need it? you already have a few envelopes/lfo and can get clock from midi - I'm not saying don't get it - I'm saying think long and hard before buying (as about everything else, really) - more triggers -> more envelopes -> more modules -> another/bigger case!

I'd look more towards variation of what you have rather than new modulation sources - kinks and a matrix mixer (dc coupled) and some stackcables, for combining and modifying the modulation you already have an d maybe think about replacing the clock divider with something that can give more than just straight divisions - 4ms Rotating Clock Divider or the nonlinearcircuits divide and conquer or 1/n or something altogether weirder

another module I would look at is disting - at least a mk4 or an EX - they are super useful as a learning tool (what does this do?), a way to show you what module you should buy next (I almost always use mine as a tape delay - and somewhere in the middle of my list of modules I want is - a Magneto!) and a great "in an emergency" module (I need another vca/vcf/lfo etc or a buchla converter for when your friend visits with his buchla, maybe!)

Hi @JimHowell1970,

Yes, I am having technical difficulties getting my Elektron Octatrack to work with the Doepfer A-190-4 MIDI to CV module and both Doepfer and Elektron technical help have not been able to help me resolve the issue. I connect the Elektron gear to the Doepfer MIDI CV A-190-4 Module which by the way is the most obtuse user interface ever! and then no dice. I patch the CV1 on the Doepfer A190-4 to 1v/oct on the VCO and even setup MIDI channels and clock on the Elektron Octatrack and no luck. I have similar issue with CV to the Doepfer on the Elektron Analog 4 via CV outputs. Plus I read from the Malekko Quad Envelope manual that it needs clock and an extra bonus is that if you have the Malekko Varigate 4+ or 8+ on same modular bus power board, you can clock the Malekko Quad Envelope and create dozens of presets! Very cool!

So here are my thoughts moving forward:

Option #1:
Keep the Malekko Quad Envelope module and buy the Malekko Varigate 4+ sequencer and a small 1-2HP utility module

Option #2:
Keep Malekko Quad Envelope module and buy ALM Pamela's New Workout module that has clock, sequencer, quantizer and utility small 1-2HP module

Option #3:
Keep Malekko Quad Envelope module and buy Expert Sleepers Disting EX when it comes out and small 1-2 HP module

Option #4:
Keep Malekko Quad Envelope module and buy other modules?

Thoughts?
Getting Elektron gear to work with modular is a pain so far or I am just stupid lol. I probably will return or keep the Intellijel Mixup module as I don't really need another audio mixer as I have the Doepfer mixer, Doepfer DVCA,and Intellijel Quad VCA modules.

Incredible that I managed to fill up my first row of 84HP so quickly but it is fun addiction. Need to save for larger case and more modules. But will focus on using this setup for next 1-2 years.

lots of people appear to get elektron gear working very well with modular - I would spend some time searching forums - particularly muffwiggler and reddit - it can't be that difficult to get it working - you are probably only a button press or 2 away - music tech companies are not the best at help unless it's only their products, which is kind of understandable!

if you still can't get it working then you should consider dumping the midi->cv module and getting a varigate and pams etc - at least that way you have some more space for utilities

utilities should not be an afterthought - they are an essential part of the plumbing of your modular (along with patch cables) - kinks and a matrix mixer (AISynthesis do one in 10hp) would be great additions NB this is not for mixing audio - it is for extending your modulation sources massively - these 2 combined can give you an extra 10 interesting and related modulation sources

I would re-read the Pams manual/advertising blurb - it can kind of do what you think it can but probably not in the way you think it does - for example the quantizer will only work on internally generated cv, not externally (afaiak) and it's not really a programmable sequencer - it is a great module and very good at what it does though!

Hi Sacguy71,

Great to hear that your new modules have arrived and are installed and working, luckily without smoking them up into thin air :-) Nice demo by the way, it's clearly you enjoying your modules :-D !

Regarding the Elektron, I have myself the Analogue Four (A4) and I had MIDI issues as well, till I discovered...

The opening in the Elektron housing for the MIDI plugs isn't very large, so you might "think" you had plugged in the MIDI plug into your Elektron but though it fits "half-way" it doesn't really necessarily makes electrical contact... I had to buy a cheap MIDI cable with a cheap plug (hence as thin as possible) so the MIDI plug would fit into my A4 and then it worked.

I am not saying you have the same issue but since you mentioned: "and then no dice!" I thought perhaps you have a similar issue, at least it might be worth it to have this checked.

I like Elektron stuff but I do hate them for creating ridiculous small openings for the MIDI plugs :-(

Have fun with your modular system and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Finally got most of the modular working with my Elektron Analog 4 MK2. So fun! Here is a quick jam that I put together this evening with everything:

Now I still need to sort a few things out and get a couple more 3.5 to 1/4 inch cables to use the other 2 CV outs from the Elektron Analog 4 to manage more of the modular system but its great fun to layer FX and sequence the modular with the Analog 4. Octatrack is another can of worms that the Doepfer A-190-4 MIDI to CV module is making it tricky to work well with modular stuff. I have yet to see a video of anyone showing how to get an Octatrack to work correctly with that Doepfer A190-4 MIDI CV module! Most folks use another way with it. I will try to see if I can get that stinking crappy module to work with Ableton and via the USB port on it! In any case, I may just use the Analog 4 for modular and feed that into the Octatrack to sample both the A4 and modular and then record to Ableton.

congratulations!!!

always buy more cables/mixer channels/vcas than you think you need!! don't buy 2 cables buy 4 - you then you have them if you need them!

Thanks, exactly one can never have enough cables! I really love the longer 3' Hosa Eurorack 3.5 inch cables- so colorful and easy to use. I hate the Doepfer 3.5 eurorack cables that came with my system- complete junk. Fortunately I bought a bunch of the Hosa cables and also some Tiptop Audio stackable cables which are great backup to passive mults for routing CV across the system. Really happy about the Intellijel Quad VCA that thing is a fantastic CV mixer, quad VCA and quad attenuator all in one module and so easy to use and an essential utility module. The buffered mult that I picked up from Noise Engineering- Extra Mullet is also a fantastic utility module. I probably will return the Malekko Quad Envelope and Intellijel Mixup modules for a refund- would rather get a function generator module like Maths for envelopes and the additional goodies and possible a quantizer and more voices so that I can work out of box without the Elektron gear. Thinking of the Noise Engineering BASIMILUS ITERITAS ALTER module would complement Maths nicely to fill my case out. That should cover my needs for industrial and techno setup. Paired with the two Elektrons, I have that well sorted.

Then save for an entire year and buy a larger case and new build.

Then save for an entire year and buy a larger case and new build.
-- sacguy71

or maybe better - start saving, buy a new case, grow organically as and when you can

Hi Sacguy71,

I am so glad for you that you managed to get your A4 working with your Doepfer system! :-)

So what was the problem? How did you solve it?

I actually do like/love Doepfer modules with the exception of the A-190-5, the MIDI module I had from Doepfer for a short while, it was the only module so far from Doepfer that I really disliked, not nice to use and partly illogically too, so I managed to swap the that Doepfer module for a Vermona qMI2 MIDI-to-CV module, so much easier and logically to use.

Good luck with the A4 & Doepfer systems and kind regards, Garfield.

Hi GarfieldModular,

Thanks, it was a good challenge and relieved to have it working. Layer effects and sequencer plus add pads and drums from the A4 with modular are a superb combo for live performance. I had to connect the 1v/oct from the VCOs to the CV A/B on the A4 and set these values to 1v/OCT and gate on the A4 configuration menus. I am really loving the setup. Today, I managed to also get my Elektron Octatrack to sequence and control the modular system as well which was tons of fun. Getting the Octatrack configured via the crappy Doepfer A190-4 MIDI CV module on the eurorack was a royal PITA and this is probably the worst module that came with my Doepfer A100 basic system. Here is a jam that I came up with today on my Elektron Octatrack and modular system:

I am still trying to figure out how to apply FX from the Octatrack to the modular system and send each VCO voice to separate tracks on the Octatrack as well as how to play the independent VCO on the MIDI keyboard for the Octatrack. So, that said, I may just setup the A4 to manage the modular as this works far easier and no issues. Then to connect the A4 to the Octatrack over MIDI and sample the modular this way as well as serve as master brain. Since my case is almost full and labor day sales are here, I may get a new larger case and add gradually over time as you recommend.

Hi Sacguy71,

Nice jam! :-) Sorry, I don't have myself the Octatrack but if I am not mistaken then the Octatrack doesn't have specific CVs and gate outputs so you are forced to do that via MIDI and that with that Doepfer module... indeed then doing the controlling of your modular by the A4 is a much better way to go I think.

Then this time buy directly a big case then you got enough space for a while. The Doepfer A-100LMS9 is a cheap case if you calculate it down on a per HP basis and with 3 rows of each 168 HP should keep you going for a while :-) I use myself the A-100LMS9 and I am pretty happy with it, still also that one gets filled up one day...

Have fun and kind regards, Garfield.

Thanks Garfield,

Indeed using the two Elektrons with modular is crazy good fun and very powerful. I also have the Make Noise 0-CTRL and Korg SQ-1 so the sequencers are covered for now. I did order a new Doepfer A100 case in 6u format with suitcase handle and cover so that will cover future modules for a while. I will need it as the cool modules are MASSIVE HUGE in size like Verbos complex oscillator and 4ms wavetable modules. I plan to add the 4ms Matrix VCA/mixer to that new case and perhaps MATHS and Frap Tools Sapel for noise generator and functions along with Erogeneous Zones Radar for the envelopes. Add in buffered mults, active attenuators and that covers my second case for a west coast vibe. May add larger third case with modular sequencers and mixer in couple of years as by then my Elektrons and Korg SQ-1 will be limited with that much gear. Here is a sketch plan for the empty new case:

ModularGrid Rack

Open to masters like you and Lugia and others for feedback on where to go for a west coast experimental techno vibe.

Hi Sacguy71,

Ha, ha, your enthusiasm is very enjoyable :-) But look for yourself at your above new rack... it's full already?! If you still can change the order then go for the wider (168 HP) rack or at least one more row, otherwise next month you are buying yet another case :-)

Well my first advice you received already, take it easy... the above isn't really taking it easy, does it? ;-)

Second advice is, don't go for too many modules in one go and perhaps try to avoid here and there the "too sexy looking" modules? I am sure they are a lot of fun but some of them are pretty large in HP size and you got limited space; so check if those are really worth it from all point of views (price, space, functionality, beyond the sexy look, is it really worth it, etcetera). So, at the very least take it easy, don't order everything in one go, get a few modules first and then see if the rest of the plan still fits or if you like to update your above rack? But other than that, please enjoy!

You have chosen quite a few modules I don't have experience with or knowing them. So I can't give you much particular advice on those modules chosen. I have the Maths too, it's a nice module but for the money and the HP size, I sometimes wonder if the price-performance factor is high enough? I guess the Disting Ex is nice if you want to have a lot of functionality in one module. You can use that module then to use as a kind of "backup module". In case you are missing any kind of functionality, most likely the Disting can help you out till you got the module for that functionality that you require.

Ha, ha, thanks for thinking so highly of me, however I do think that's not fair to Lugia to put him on the same level then me or let me phrase that differently: I am far away from Lugia's knowledge and experience. Lugia plays in a totally different league of which I only can dream of... I am just once and a while active here and try to help where I can.

Thank you very much for your kind words, continue enjoy modular and keep us updated on your rack progress, again: it's lovely to watch you being busy with it :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

My pleasure Garfield you are kind as well. I would love feedback from the master Lugia as he is super knowledgeable. So far been having good results sequencing and layer FX from the two Elektron systems with my new Doepfer A100 setup and filled case for the most part with some cool new modules. I did order a new Doepfer A100 6U suitcase empty case. The 9U/12U cases are hard to find right now and very expensive. I plan to slow down for learning the gear. Plus I need to learn how to record modular into Ableton Live and use Ableton Push 2 MIDI controller with the modular system. No fun if you cannot record it, right?

The Doepfer A190-4 MIDI CV interface is tricky to figure out!

Open to masters like you and Lugia and others for feedback on where to go for a west coast experimental techno vibe.
-- sacguy71

low pass gates, sequencers (as opposed to 'keyboards' - unless touch sensitive control panels) and wavefolders/shapers are the 2 key ingredients of west-coast style synthesis imo

Hi Sacguy71,

Ha, ha, your enthusiasm is very enjoyable :-) But look for yourself at your above new rack... it's full already?! If you still can change the order then go for the wider (168 HP) rack or at least one more row, otherwise next month you are buying yet another case :-)

so you can add the support modules you desperately need in order to make a more playable rack!

Well my first advice you received already, take it easy... the above isn't really taking it easy, does it? ;-)

Second advice is, don't go for too many modules in one go and perhaps try to avoid here and there the "too sexy looking" modules? I am sure they are a lot of fun but some of them are pretty large in HP size and you got limited space; so check if those are really worth it from all point of views (price, space, functionality, beyond the sexy look, is it really worth it, etcetera). So, at the very least take it easy, don't order everything in one go, get a few modules first and then see if the rest of the plan still fits or if you like to update your above rack? But other than that, please enjoy!

buy the modules you NEED not the ones you want - there's a difference - stop buying for a while - start patching - what do you reach for - another voice, or something to extend your modulation? for example

You have chosen quite a few modules I don't have experience with or knowing them. So I can't give you much particular advice on those modules chosen. I have the Maths too, it's a nice module but for the money and the HP size, I sometimes wonder if the price-performance factor is high enough? I guess the Disting Ex is nice if you want to have a lot of functionality in one module. You can use that module then to use as a kind of "backup module". In case you are missing any kind of functionality, most likely the Disting can help you out till you got the module for that functionality that you require.
-- GarfieldModular

Maths is brilliant, but taken on face value I agree to some extent - however, it is way more than the sum of it's parts - if you are in doubt, then work your way through the illustrated manual a few times

But I would always recommend Maths and the same again in separate modules - once you get past about 2-3 voices - otherwise you need a 2nd maths!!!

@JimHowell1970,

Hee Hee :-) yeah I got a wee bit carried away buying the Doepfer A100 Basic System 1 and a bunch of modules.
Anyways it is TONS of fun albeit a money pit. Now I can see why it is called Eurorack.

I do have a Malekko Varigate 4+ sequencer on the way and will integrate that with the Malekko Quad Envelope Generator module to fill up the rest of my first case. That achieves sequencing and better modulation flow in my first setup. I already have a quad VCA Intellijel, slew random noise module, and single Doepfer ADSR module.

On the new case, I did order a Noise Engineering BIA and Erica Synths Polivoks filter. I kept the Intellijel Mixup audio mixer module. Not buying anything for a while except maybe more patch cables that have the multiplex thingy that you can hook up multiple cables to, what is that called anyways ya know the hexagonal shaped doo hickie?

The DEMON CORE OSCILLATOR from Supercritical Synthesizers module looks awesome with 16 voices supersaw! But it is only available in limited form. I will hold off on buying more modules for a while and get solid for the next year with my current system.

What support essential modules are you referring to besides Maths? I like the looks and function generator from Frap Tools called Sapel that looks cool to add at a later point. I already have a mini maths version in my 0-coast so want different approach to Buchla Serge function and noise generator. Intellijel Quadrax with the expander would get me into Buchla territory with two modules but like Frap Tool modules is fairly large in terms of HP footprint.

I did have a major break through this week in learning how to control the modular from Elektron gear and also how to record and play the modular from Ableton Live DAW. Having this ability is quite powerful! If you spend a lot of time and cash on modular, it is wise to be able to sample and record your findings and use for later purpose in music production. The Doepfer A190-4 USB/MIDI to CV module was a pain to figure out but have it as part of my toolbox. For west coast touch controller, my new Make Noise 0-CTRL is tons of fun and super cool. I also use it with the 0-coast that got me started on modular a couple of years ago. I figure with COVID-19 lockdowns and no ability to travel to Europe for a vacation, I spent the money on new music tools and my studio.

haha - eurocrack indeed!!!

What support essential modules are you referring to besides Maths? I like the looks and function generator from Frap Tools called Sapel that looks cool to add at a later point. I already have a mini maths version in my 0-coast so want different approach to Buchla Serge function and noise generator. Intellijel Quadrax with the expander would get me into Buchla territory with two modules but like Frap Tool modules is fairly large in terms of HP footprint.

these are all really modulation sources - Maths I class as a complex modulator - I mean the bits that fit in between

yes the headphone splitters (intellijel hub, plankton etc etc etc) are a good start and are fine for passive mults - although they can get a bit annoying - i have a few of these, but in practice use either 2hp mults or stackcables

a few very useful techniques for expanding and creating interesting modulation:

1 mult the outputs from 4 modulation outputs - 1 copy to a modulation intput, 1 to a 4x4 matrix mixer - matrix mixer outs to different modulation inputs - instead of 4 you have 8 related modulation outputs! alternately use 3 modulation sources and send the 4th output back into the 4th input (feedback)

2 take a modulation output mult it a modulation input and the kinks top section (rectifier) - mult all outputs of the top section of kinks - 1 copy of each output to a modulation input - 2 of them patch to the middle section (logic) - patch outputs to modulation inputs - patch the last multed output from the top section to the bottom section (sample and hold) - add a trigger - patch the output to another modulation input - instead of 1 you have 7 related modulation outputs

3 attenuverters - patch a modulation source into an attenuator - pathc output into modulation input - attenuate and polarise the modulation as required

4 sequential switch pt 1 - patch a modulation source into the input - patch outputs to modulation sources - input trigger to switch - a single modulation source -> 4 modulation inputs

5 sequential switch pt 2 - patch 4 multed modulation sources to the inputs - patch output to a single modulation source - input trigger to switch - 4 modulation sources -> 1 modulation input

etc etc etc etc
the more of these little tricks you can do and the more you combine them - the more interesting the modulation you will be able to get out of a relatively simple and small set of modulation sources

I did have a major break through this week in learning how to control the modular from Elektron gear and also how to record and play the modular from Ableton Live DAW. Having this ability is quite powerful! If you spend a lot of time and cash on modular, it is wise to be able to sample and record your findings and use for later purpose in music production. The Doepfer A190-4 USB/MIDI to CV module was a pain to figure out but have it as part of my toolbox. For west coast touch controller, my new Make Noise 0-CTRL is tons of fun and super cool. I also use it with the 0-coast that got me started on modular a couple of years ago. I figure with COVID-19 lockdowns and no ability to travel to Europe for a vacation, I spent the money on new music tools and my studio.

-- sacguy71

I'm on the fence regarding these all-in-one packages - they are great especially imo the doepfer ones, but, there's always something annoying in them! anyway great you managed to get it working!

Thanks! I will keep these in mind and try out the combos. I did get the Noise Engineering Extra Mullet that is a pretty cool buffered mult with 4 inputs and multiple output combos. I plan to wrap up my first case with a Malekko Quad Envelope module and Malekko Varigate 4+ that play well together for sequencing/modulation duty and route these with the Batumi Quad LFO and to VCAs and my oscillators. Should be fun. Loving that crazy Borg Filter such madness can be a LPG on one side or dirty MS20 type filter and combine together or use in parallel. I did buy a new 6U Doepfer case and a new VCO and filter module but that ends my buying spree for the year. I need to dedicate a year or so to mastering it and combine with DAW and my Elektron gear. That should provide me with endless possible tracks and cool music. Layer FX from the Elektrons to the modular and be happy.

well bear in mind that utility modules like these are generally quite inexpensive - stick as much as possible to brands like doepfer for a matrix mixer, a sequential switch, some passive attenuators and an mi kinks - probably not much more than the oscillator cost you and much much more useful! an oscillator is an oscillator - cheap utility modules are possibilities

Agree and that is the plan. Always have plenty of modular tools like vcas, egs for modulation and mixer, switches, logic modules and attenuator/attenuaverts/inverters.