ModularGrid Rack

Hi guys,
I started my journey into eurorack world some years ago with a semi-modular modulor114, this year I gave it a little brother with a nifty case and my first modules (fluctuations magnetiques and multimode VCA). These two play with a digitakt which sequences throught MIDI.

Now I'm planning to get a Mantis and having a full row for complex voice : Dixie, Rubicon, ufold, FluctMagn, rainmaker.
Around this voice I'd like to use at first the modulor to make that small world moving and adding step by step more
utilities (maths, zadar, mixers, output ..) and a sequencer (metropolis or rene.. can't decide now).

Am I in the good or will you do otherwise ? Thanks you for reading me.

yeah - not a bad go - not a fan of xpan or rosie - do you really need crossfading? I'd go happy nerding panmixjr/stereo mixer instead and a 2hp headphone module

which would save 4hp with the 3hp you already have free - that gives 7 which is a pain - something 4hp and something from the erica pico series - or maybe 2 2hp modules - maybe they do a crossfader if you need it

you might want to update your maths to a more modern version - the one with white knobs is the latest!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Good point @JimHowell1970, White Knobs Maths >>>>>

yeah - not a bad go - not a fan of xpan or rosie - do you really need crossfading? I'd go happy nerding panmixjr/stereo mixer instead and a 2hp headphone module

which would save 4hp with the 3hp you already have free - that gives 7 which is a pain - something 4hp and something from the erica pico series - or maybe 2 2hp modules - maybe they do a crossfader if you need it

you might want to update your maths to a more modern version - the one with white knobs is the latest!
-- JimHowell1970

Thanks for your reply !
I hadn't checked the math version.
The Rosie got me with the send in/out but the matrix mixer could do it too. I'll dig the output modules.

The Rosie got me with the send in/out but the matrix mixer could do it too. I'll dig the output modules.
-- BousierMort

I'm not big on the Rosie or the X-Pan, either. The Rosie just seems like a concession to DJs, while the X-Pan is an expensive solution to a somewhat simpler problem set.

But, if you're really jazzed on the idea of having FX send/return capabilities...you DO know that you can CV that as well, right? Have a look at a few smaller performance mixers...Qu-bit has the Mixology, Toppobrillo has their Stereomix mkii, and so on. What THESE mixers offer are features such as muting, cue sends, CV over level (ie: AC-coupled exponential VCAs), pan and FX send, and the like. Much more capable, and if you toss a Happy Nerding OUT in after it, you then have a second stereo return for FX on that module, too.

This build is on a scale where something of that sort could be very beneficial, even with the (slightly, over the pair of Make Noise modules) expanded size of those. It'll free up VCAs for CV/mod uses, for one thing, plus it adds a bunch of internal "primitives" that, if they were separate modules, would take up far more space than the mixer would in of itself.