Two loops of a forty year old Hondo II POS acoustic guitar through the Cocoquantus 2, along with some Tetrax, and pedals. I'm really enjoying the cracked/anti-rhythms the Coco produces.

Inscrumental music for prickly pears.

Hi Baltergeist,

Wow, this is very intriguing and special! The music is so special and at the same time builds up quite some excitement, listening it again now and for sure will have to listen a few more times to enjoy it to the full :-)

That anti-rhythm is indeed quite nice too. I can't find Cocoquantus here in the modules section, what's the exact brand name and model name?

Thanks a lot for this little jewel and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Great piece @baltergeist, and Nevşehir's a cool town too, visited in like 2010 I think. The drones in the background are especially nice. Kudos.

@GarfieldModular, Coquantus is made by Ciat Lonbarde, so it's not a Eurorack synth. You can learn more here: http://ciat-lonbarde.net/cocoquantus/

Thank you both! Yes, this was made with Ciat-Lonbarde instruments. They're banana-patchable stand-alone instruments rather than eurorack. I just picked up a Plumbutter and I'm looking forward to getting to know it too. I've actually sold most of my eurorack modules. I still have three of the small Doepfer cases that I use in conjunction with the C-L instruments, and a larger Pittsburgh rack where I keep the rest of what I haven't sold yet (can't seem to let go of my Nonlinear Circuits modules, those have their hooks in me).

I haven't been back to Nevşehir since I visited between high school and college almost thirty years ago. I loved Cappadocia, hell, I loved everywhere I went in Turkey. I want to go back, but I don't know when that will be possible, or advisable, at this point.

Yep @baltergeist, it's a fair point. Lots of turmoil in the world at the moment. Totally agreed on Turkey though, incredible country at its core.

Re: Nonlinear Circuits, I keep looking at their modules and haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Any recommendations? What's your favorite, or what would be most interesting?

Triple Sloths, Ian Fritz's Hypster (slow chaotic modulation, and fast chaotic modulation - up to audio rates) - both are must-haves, in my opinion. The 8-Bit Cipher is GREAT for off-kilter rhythms, I love pinging Sisters with it. Though I don't have one, I hear the Plague of Demons VCO is excellent. Those are where I'd start.

Great recommendations, thank you @baltergeist.

My pleasure, always happy to spread the good word about NLC! Andrew is a gent!

Here's another Cocoquantus noodle, this time with a loop of my bağlama, along with a little fretless bass, Tetrax, and Subharmonicon. Copious use of pedals - Meet Maude, a little Charlie Foxtrot, some Shallow Water, I think, and Avalanche Run. I might have used Randy's Revenge on the Tetrax.

Hi Baltergeist and Troux,

Troux: Thanks a lot for that link to the Cocoquantus, an interesting device that is! :-)

Baltergeist: Wow, another nice demo with the Cocoquantus. That really gives a nice and interesting touch to your music. Whatever you sell, don't sell that one :-)

Thank you both and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads