This is the size of my case and power supply. Right now, that's all I've got but you need those first. Now that I have them, I'm trying to think about the types of modules I might need to make generative and ambient stuff like I do in VCV. The type of music I make is at modularzen.com to get an idea of what I'm looking to augment. On the bottom are modules I want with more than 90% certainty. Pam's is a definite, so is Blob. The Arbhar is so unique that I'd love to add what it offers to my music and unless I find a really good argument for a different module that does similar things, I'll add it eventually. Same thing with Maths except I plan to get it as my first module since just having it will allow me to interface with my computer and do fun and creative things. The Disting is another one that's so versatile that I'll get it early to get the most out of what limited gear I'll have.

The top row contains modules that have functions I know I need but are not necessarily the modules I'll use. Those are the ones that I'm really flexible about. All the 2hp modules are there because it's the smallest footprint/function I can find for use here. The 4ms modules are there since I really like what I've seen in videos on YouTube that featured them. However, they are in the nice to have category for now. Same goes for TipTop, Erica, and Pico modules.

First off, be VERY careful about your current loading if you intend to only use one uZeus. This size of build can easily get into the zone where a single supply like that can be very inadequate, and it might've made more sense to calculate the build first, THEN settle on power options based on your needed current load. At least with uZeuses, it's not quite so disastrous to add a second one, although it burns 4 hp that could've been saved for functionality.

And about 2 and 3 hp (and really jammed 4 hp) modules...they're great for things you don't have to/need to tweak a lot. But if you're talking about things such as VCFs, VCOs, etc etc, these can be a huge PITA unless you've got fingers like chopsticks. And another point to consider: they cost more, even if the price seems to be comparable with other, larger modules. The reason for this is because, if you calculate the hp vs cost on them, you get some alarming numbers. For example, the 2hp MMF: this goes for $119. Now, this might seem like a bargain. Compared to something like Doepfer's A-121-2 at $160, this would be a good inference...but it's wrong, because you're not taking into account the cost to fill spaces.

Huh? OK...take the cost of your cab + the power hardware, then divide that by the number of hp in the cab. That result is the cost per hp of your cab. The closer you can aim your build's module costs to that will mean you're coming in at a more economical result. Now, let's do the same for both of those filters...

2 hp MMF = approx $60/hp
Doepfer A-121-2 = $20

So, this adds up. Eventually, it makes the difference between the same cab coming in at $5k versus $15k or something equally hideous. Slim modules make for good slot-fillers, to be sure...but I wouldn't build a system (or a subsystem either) solely with them, despite what Erica did in that respect.

Anyway, couple of other things: you can lose the buffered mult, for starters, unless you feel a need to try and cram four or more VCOs into that cab. And even then, I'd still question the need for it if you're using VCOs that have good input buffering. Small builds like this probably shouldn't be taking up function space with mults...use the inline variety or stackcables instead.

Second, when using the bigger modules, there's something of an INVERSE to that cost-per-hp thing. Take the Erica Black VCA you've got...it's $185. That means 1 VCA = $185 there, and that VCA has two CV ins, variable curving, and the rest is the usual stuff. Now, an Intellijel Quad VCA costs $189, is 2 hp bigger, and you lose the 2nd CV but gain a boost function for low-level signals AND a breakable mixing function, but everything else is pretty much what you'd expect in a VCA. But THESE VCAs only cost $47.25 each! And you get a 4-in MIXER to boot! Soooooooooo...

OK, yes, "why do they make modules like that Erica VCA, then?". Simple...some people DO have the space for 1:1 function:module situations, or there are users trying to make specific bespoke builds for a certain purpose. But in a small general purpose build, there should be NO reasons for using modules of this sort. Unless a module has a VERY SPECIFIC FUNCTION, it's definitely NOT a good idea to put 1:1 modules into a small build. If anything, you need to increase the functional density per module, NOT reduce them! Besides, using 1:1 for VCAs is a great way to paint yourself into a corner with a paucity of those essential modules.

...and speaking of essential modules...utilities. I don't see any. I don't even see any in that pile of 2hp modules. No attenuverters, no secondary mixers, no clock modifiers save for one lone Boolean 2 hp, no, no, no. Sure, they're not snazzy...but just try and program a modular synth WITHOUT them! If you haven't ripped all your hair out over the span of an hour or so out of sheer frustration, consider yourself lucky!

I really, really, REALLY hope you didn't get this cab already. This process doesn't appear to be anywhere close to where I'd suggest that someone jump on to hardware and $$$. Some of the danger shows in that last paragraph...

"...I really like what I've seen in videos on YouTube..."

YouTube is a mixed bag. There ARE a few creators who do a good job at demonstrating SINGLE MODULE FUNCTIONS (which are the demos you SHOULD be watching!!!), and then there seems to be a raftload of people who manage to look good on camera while holding up a Eurorack module like any other typical prop in their set-piece studios. Avoid those latter videos; invariably, they do things in their vids which look AWWSUM...but which wind up showing you absolutely ZERO about module function, interconnection with other modules, etc. If you click on a "module demo" and see a huuuuuuuuge cab bristling with patchcords with the module in question semi-buried in amongst that...AVOID. Like the plague, in fact! Instead, you want the VERY BORING module reviews where there's NOT a maze of wires, NOT a patch where you can't clearly hear the module at work, etc. They might be dull as dishwater, but you'll wind up knowing how that module can work for you if its explained effectively. But by following the really glitzy advice source, you risk running headlong into the unwanted "Sexy Module Syndrome" zone, where you've built up a kewl-lookin' box of lights and knobs and wires and etc etc...that can't make a sound that's any better than an Arturia Microbrute, but which costs MANY times more!