Much too long, but give a couple of minutes to get going. Sorry for standing in front of the camera so much :(

New things :
+ Beatstep Pro : this is really good. It is going expand the musical possibilities quite a lot.
- Doepfer suitcase : I like its solidity but it's a bit too big for my space. I may have to trade it for something smaller and skiffier.

Patch notes : the main line is produced by BIA with a bunch of modulation from the Beatstep Pro, with an envelope going to pitch to make the kick sound. There are three copies of this one goes straight into the desk, another goes into a compressor to bring out the the thwokk of the kick, and the third goes to the Font bandpass. The cutoff of Font is sequenced by the Beatstep too. The "cymbals" are Hats909 in raw mode, straight into the desk. This is all pretty static. All the other percussive noises, starting with the little hihats and descending into general madness later, are from the DFAM.

Hi The-Erc,

No way that, that's too long, that's perfect, perhaps even a bit too short? No really, once one as a listener, listens at your track and in your kind of rhythm, it can go on and on for me without feeling bored, it just feels right.

I enjoyed this a lot and thank you very much for that! :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

One note about subjective analysis of your own work: you are, inevitably, the worst critic of your own work. If something seems "too long", it's probably not long enough. Too "bright"? Try increasing the bright-ish controls. And so on.

Never second-guess in the lesser direction in what you create unless something's GLARINGLY wrong. Otherwise, just push the HELL out of that envelope...go as far as you can. This is how you discover what you're creatively capable of...and how what you create becomes clearly yours. And you're far less likely to be pegged for "lifting" someone else's style.

@GarfieldModular -- thanks for the kind words!

@Lugia -- interesting point, very oblique. In a previous incarnation I did all my music in the computer, which meant lots of editing and rearranging to try to keep the piece in motion. What's obvious to me, but maybe not to others, is that in this piece there are a lot of static parts, a lot of thinking-while-recording, which if I was working on a multitrack recording I would edit down. The modular is an escape from all that clicking, but I'm not yet proficient enough on the instrument to achieve the musical results I want. Whether I adopt your idea or not, I am sure that "keep practicing" is part of the answer :)