this user has left ModularGrid

Messing around Happy Halloween!

Hi Sacguy71,

He, he, looks like you got a lot of fun during your Halloween weekend! :-)

Thanks a lot for this and you have a Happy Halloween too, kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield, yeah loving eurorack and my setup. I always stumble into a happy accident each time I patch due to my lack of experience and silliness. One thing that I love to due is to crank the hell out of filter resonance and feed lots of CV into the filters from other sources to make them self oscillate. I can take a single percussion module like BIA and make it sound like a complete instrument that sounds nothing like drums. Noise Engineering and IME/Harvestman modules are super fun and awesome due to lots of patch points to modulate and tweak for dozens of tones. I am saving for a Doepfer monster case and more modules like a complex all one sequencer and mixer central brain. I wait on that until Endorphin.es Ground control arrives in stores and I see reviews/videos or perhaps get Eloquencer or 512 Vector with expander that can sequence both CV and gates.

Hi Sacguy71,

I can't wait till you get that monster case and all the modules you are planning to come up... I am quite sure that's going to be lots of fun too :-) !

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah the Doepfer Monster base case will let me stack my two 6U Doepfer cases on top to make things easier and more organized as well as give me another 200 HP of space for a sequencer, mixer, more support tools like logic, matrix mixer, switches and attenuators/offset/attenuverts plus another mult/buffered mult module with room for a few more percussion modules and complex oscillator/filters and another complex function generator like Maths or Falistri and noise generator like Sapel. More FX as well.

Hi Sacguy71,

Ah yes, the Doepfer monster base case (A-100LMB), that's a nice one, I got that one and on top it: the A-100LMS9. Nice combination! However your plan sounds good too, I guess you have two A-100LC9s? Those two next to each other should just fit on top of that monster base case.

Well, can't wait for your jams and videos of your new setup :-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

Hi Garfield,

Actually, I have one Doepfer A-100 LC6V Low Cost Case - 6U (Vintage Edition) that came with my first Doepfer A100 Basic 1 System and then I have a second Doepfer A-100 6U Suitcase one that is much nicer with metal cover and so forth. I plan to stack these on a monster base case which will give me the room necessary for a larger sequencer, mixer and few complex oscillators/filters as well as more support modules and maybe a sampler and more FX processing in rack. I learned from folks here that these less glamorous support modules are the essential ingredients for superb melodic patches.