First post on MG (but plenty of noodling on here for the past year of course!). So what I have to date is:
Mother 32 - for mono motherly duties, as she does. She's in the case right now, but ill be putting her back in her original enclosure soon enough
Ableton + Push 2
ES-3 + ES-6
Buff Mult 1U
Rings (definitely getting bored of this quickly...)
Case is a custom 7U 84HP (Intellijel specced) I made with rails and some wood I found lying about.
My original though process with these first modules was to get building blocks in place, and see what I would want next accordingly, using Ableton's CV tools to tinker with any missing modulation sources.
Now this is what I have in mind with this case.
Let me start with - I LOVE FM. In fact, I'd say most of my learning of synthesis was via FM8 and Ableton's Operator. I also play guitar, evil uke, keys, sing (a lot), write music + lyrics + gibberish, love harmonies (general info yes).
The modules im thinking of adding - as you can see in the rack - are:
1. Akemie's Caste - I looked at Quad Operator, but the dual 1V/oct + chord features + fuzzy Yamaha chip appealed to me far more than the open matrix colder QO. I am still open to considering the QO though - so do let me know your thoughts on that!
2. 2x Buff Mults, though I may ditch these and get some stackables/hubs instead to save space.
3. Steppy 1U - Now that it has per step probability + gates, this looks amazing!
4. Intellijel Zeroscope 1U - Just need a scope
5. Intellijel FSR 1U - Fun
6. Xaoc Zadar - Considering whether to get this or a more traditional dual/quad ADSR...
7. Xaoc Batumi - Again, is this critical here? Of course with an FM synth, I want the maddest possible Mod sources, but I do have the ES-3... On the flip side though, I WANT IT!!
8. Happy Nerding MMM VCF - Ideaaalllyyy I really wanted a stereo filter that was more CV controllable, so that I could create wavering scapes with the resonances teetering on oscillation (juuust barely). However... I ran out of space :P
9. Qu-bit Bloom - This thing looks awesome. Though I can already sense some potential limitations (3-scales?? Might end up using in chromatic mode always, and use my quantizer if needed). Thoughts?
10. Arturia Keystep 37 - Sometimes I just want precise melodies man
So what do you guys think? I'm still new to euro, so I could definitely use your tips to let me know where I'm falling short. To give you and idea of my music, I love drones, scapes, swung/jazzy grooves, weird sounds, melody, vocal motifs, dissonance, grunge, cartoony dramatics, and balancing subtlety and restraint with all out release. I also love sneaky/eerie music. If that makes any sense to you :D
This upgrade is gonna cost me a bunch as it is, though I'm open to building a 104hp 7U case in the future if required - though not right now!
Thanks in advance critters!