this user has left ModularGrid

Had fun tonite with an experiment using Mimeophon to add texture to Noise Engineering Cursus Iteritas and sequenced by Pamela New Workout with Euclidian patterns:

Pamela is great for quantize scales and many pattern setups for each gate trigger to a module. Mimeophon is superb for time stretch and repeats.

Hi Sacguy71,

Oh, you received your Pamela's Workout too? :-) How is your impression about this module, happy with it?

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Garfield,

Yes, I needed a good master modular clock and Pam had lots of extra cool features like quantizer for scales and trigger sequencer tricks as well as wave shaping and logic tricks. Superb module. I love creating self generating random patterns with it. I do need a larger case and master sequencer but those can wait until later. Menu diving is not bad pretty easy and quick. I did have one issue with it getting stuck that required a reboot could be fixed by firmware update perhaps. Other than that, great stuff.

Hi Sacguy71,

Sounds good! :-) So... when does your new monster case A-100PMB arrives? :-)

Have fun and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Really enjoying the setups now just need a good sequencer and more random voltage sources and more effects and matrix mixer/switches. I am waiting for DM to get more of the Doepfer monster base cases in stock next month. I will pick one up for sequencer/matrix mixer/another FX module, joystick touch controller and random voltage generator like Wogglebug then I can stack my two Doepfer 6U cases on it for easier patch access and control center. Not sure what sequencer to get- trying to decided between 512 Vector with expander, Eloquencer, and if it arrives the Endorphin.es Ground control. Vector looks like the obvious winner especially with the expander.

Hi Sacguy71,

Sorry, what does DM stands for? Your local dealer?

Yeah... sigh... I am struggling with the sequencer decision too... I was just about to decide to go for the Erica Synths - Drum Sequencer (obviously for the drum & percussions) and the Vector + expander for the voices however I just recently heard that Erica Synths is going to finally release their Black Sequencer by end of this month... so instead of the Vector it might become the Black Sequencer, not sure yet though, let's see.

Good luck with the "sequencer decision" and have fun, Garfield.

Hi Garfield,

DM is Detroit Modular a good modular shop online that I buy a lot of gear from. They have free shipping, and a point discount program and decent sales plus friendly service. I had mixed experiences with other modular shops that offer discounts but not as much.

The other point about Detroit Modular is that it IS IN DETROIT. Normally, that would be a "so?" kind of point...but given Detroit's status in electronic music as one of the great origin points of techno, and that there's still piles of producers there...well, that's a really demanding crowd, to say the least. You wouldn't last long (and probably not physically, either...remember: it's DETROIT) if you ran a screw-up electronic instrument shop there!

Exactly, Lugia. So far, I have dealt with quite a few online modular shops: Noisebug, Perfect Circuit, Control, and Detroit Modular. Of these, Detroit Modular has been the most patient and helpful for me as a beginner to modular world. The others have been ok and Noisebug was great when I bought my Doepfer A100 Basic System 1 from them. I have not dealt with Analogue Haven- they never return emails or phone calls I have sent.

All right, I most likely will pay them (Detroit Modular) a visit, once I visit Detroit :-)

Same here- after COVID, I want to visit the major synth shops and try cool gear out.

Haven was a thing quite some years back, but I think these days they're working more in a distribution role, not so much retail. Perfect Circuit and Noisebug seem to have picked up where they left off.

@Lugia,

Ah that would explain their lack of response to phone calls and emails. Still, unacceptable as a customer, I'd expect at least a reply to my questions. Only good thing I can see about AnalogueHaven is that they do seem to have some things in stock that are hard to come by like IME/Harvestman modules.

FWIW, I've had pretty good luck with Shawn at Analogue Haven. He's always gotten back to me pretty quick on orders and product inquiries. Detroit Modular has been good too. One of these days when things get back to normal, I'll probably drive up to the D to visit their storefront. I'm not too far from there.

I count myself as a fan of Analogue Haven too @farkas, they're a good spot to check for modules you may not be able to find elsewhere and good customer service too.

Maybe I just had bad luck with contact them over their website, but not much response from them. I probably should pay them a visit one day after the COVID lockdown ends. They do get some unique modular gear that other shops don't have in stock, I give them that.