this user has left ModularGrid

I went back to my first rack today and created fun drone with Doepfer Random noise and friends:

Hi Sacguy71,

He, he, you got some nice and spooky sounds in there :-) Ha, ha, and near the end you got a lot of distortion in it!

I noticed 2 HP free space, time for a new case ;-)

Have fun with your modular system and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah, I am saving up for a Doepfer Monster 14u case as well as MDLR 14U portable case that way I have 500+ HP free space and won't run out so fast next time around :-)

Anyways, I am waiting for them to come back in stock at stores. Not sure on what sequencer and mixer to get for my central modular brain as I want a fun playable hands on sequencer and mixer that excels at percussion and melodic sequencing but does not feel like programming a computer. I wait for the Endorphin.es Ground Control and Erica Synths Black Sequencer to arrive next year and then decide.

For distortion, I use compression in my external mixer plus filter setting and logic/LFO random setting on Pamela New Workout.

Hi Sacguy71,

Yeah... new case... nice... I bought early this year a large new case but it's getting full already :-( It's not full yet but from a planning point of view it was very fast full :-)

Sequencers... at the moment I had enough of the Endorphin.es - Ground Control. I finally managed to visit my local dealer, more than a half year ago since the Covid-19 story started... But I heard from them (and now just seen on their website too) that the Ground Control has been postponed yet again... now till mid February 2021... so I gave up on Ground Control to be honest.

I bought a Erica Synths - Drum Sequencer for my drum & percussion and I hope to have time in the weekend to play around with it. Then I am going to save money and I think for the voices I am going for the Five12 - Vector + Jack Expander but let's see perhaps indeed if the Erica Synths - Black Sequencer impresses me, I might go for that one instead.

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Nice Garfield,

How are you liking the Erica Synths Drum sequencer? Right now, with my Varigate 4+, Quadrax, Kermit/Batumi LFOs, and Pamela New Workout, I can get by on sequencing and use Korg SQ-1 for drum techno patterns. The 0-ctrl is great for melodic pitch sequencer. I guess I wait to next year on the new case and see what sequencers come up. I love drums and bass modules so the WMD Metron paired with Vector would be the best modular sequencer combo that I can tell right now on the market unless you want tracker stuff in Nerdseq or go Eloquencer route.

Hi Sacguy71,

Regarding the sequencer stuff, let's do the main talking in that sequencer posting :-)

Just quick on one the Drum Sequencer: first impression is good, I feel it's easy to use, but I need to spend more time to even better understand it (didn't really read much the manual yet, so still need to do that to discover all the options). I will put more information in the other (sequencer) post once ready.

Kind regards, Garfield.