A variation on the last patch (same bass line even) but with quite a different vibe, VCFS again in the lead (what a filter!), check it out:

https://stevehand.bandcamp.com/track/froggy-acid-practice

Made with:

ModularGrid Rack

Ah, this takes me back to my clubbing days. Great stuff as always! Those hi-hats sound good.
How do you like the WMD Time Warp? I'm probably going to get the AJH S+H/Slew, but I've been eyeballing the Time Warp too.

Thanks @farkas! I prefer Maths envelopes (great for wiggling) to the Time Warp, but TW does a ton for 4HP (the inversion option is really nice in particular) and it's a great backup when I'm working on a multi-voice patch. I can't speak to the AJH but if you're looking for flexibility over getting the exact right envelope or curve you want I think TW is a good choice, especially if you're space constrained.

Yeah, I feel like for acid explorations I'm going to need a dedicated gated slew. Maths and Disting aren't quite getting me what I want.
Did you recently add the Stepper Acid and Metropolis? I can't remember seeing those in your rack before.

I've had the Metropolis for awhile and the Stepper Acid for a month or two, both solid sequencers, you may be thinking of my other rack (designed atm for ambient) which is currently "No Sequencer" unless you count a Tirana II. Gated slew is a big plus for Acid, I'd also recommend to get as many trigger sequencers as you can, you will find you want a lot of em... for the single voice patch above I used every out on the PNW and the Algorhythm both! Hopefully Crow will help there a bit once I finally plug it in here...

I was probably just blinded by all of your Serge modules. :)

Ha, I think something similar happened to my bank account when I bought them 🤣🤣🤣

Hi Steve,

Yeah, that's a proper track and some proper music :-)

Tirana II, of course is that a sequencer, I love that module! I am actually a bit of jealous about your Metropolis, how is the module, do you like it? Is it worth the investment?

Thank you very much for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks @GarfieldModular, glad you enjoyed it. As to the Metropolis, I've got some mixed feelings and think I may be turning into something of a sequencer snob... I want it to do everything but that's just not possible. That said, it's got some nice modulation capabilities, it's * very * easy to be musical with it, and it's good for both uptempo tunes and ambient stuff. I'd definitely buy it again, but I'm also curious if Intellijel might be working on a v2 given that the line is (I think) 8 years old at this point. And if so I hope they add another trigger sequencer to it!!

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your feedback on the Metropolis. I have that same kind of experience regarding sequencers that it kind of "must do everything" for me, most sequencers don't though ;-)

Now that would be something good and nice to wait for indeed, * if * Intellijel would be working on a version 2 of Metropolis! Let's hope so.

Have a good weekend and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

You too @GarfieldModular!