this user has left ModularGrid

Fun ambient jam with Pamela New Workout and Plaits

Who would have thought that a clock can be a sequencer and logic powerhouse in one module? Menu is easy and not hard to deal with. Easy to run out of 8 triggers though as Plaits has 10 patch points that can be modulated and sequenced and my other modules like BIA, Cursus Iteritas and Plonk each have 10-11 patch points each as well! I need a super 100 trigger patch bay sequencer! That is one thing the market needs a 100 gate trigger and CV sequencer/CV voltage controller !

Hi Sacguy71,

Ha, ha, yeah right a 100 gate trigger, CV sequencer & CV voltage controller, now that would be something... however.... you need about 24 HP only for just those 100 outputs...

Around 4:45 you got a nice kind of clock-gong sound going! Interesting to use the Pamela New Workout as a sequencer!

About the Plaits, yes it has 10 patch points but two of them are outputs, so you "only" need 8 inputs from that mega-100-monster of CV controller of yours ;-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah I have been experimenting with various LFO waveforms on Pamela and also different Euclidian sequences to Plaits. SO fun!
I really like the vowel model on the Plaits to create different words as part of a tune. True- 8 are valid patch points but you can use the aux output as a S&H noise generator as well! I love running the aux out of Plaits to my Make Noise Mimeophon for a echo chamber surf white noise generator.

Hi Sacguy71,

Thank you very much for hinting out about the Aux output, I forgot a bit about that one, to be honest... will check that out.

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

You are welcome, Garfield,

I found that tip from modular artist R0bin Rimbaud aka Scanner from the book Patch & Tweak interview using Plaits.

Definitely an incredible module. Almost could have 3-4 of these along with another BIA for ambient/percussion sounds.