Ahoy!!

I have been thinking recently about how certain modules, that were once de rigour (at least for me and a few folk) are slipping away from us and are no longer available!

The Harvestman modules were the ones that first alerted me to this growing phenomenon, but since I have come aware of it, there are more... Make Noise - Mysteron, marked as retired on the MN website and only one or two instances in the wild that are for sale! I mean wow... what a a module, what a sound... is there anything else quite like it? I can't think of anything! It is by any reasonable definition of the word, dare I say it? Rare?

Can you think of other modules that are becoming rarities?

I was thinking of selling my Mysteron, for 'rack space reasons' it's been in it's box for a little while, but having realised that there might come a day in the not too distant future where it might not be easily replaced, or that I could end up with an instance that has been erm... lets say 'used' ... now I think I am going to keep it! It's mint!

Thoughts? Ideas? Concerns? What are you thinking?

I can certainly think of a few good and rare old ones. Harvestman Double Andore 1 and Hertz Donut 1 are absolutely fantastic modules that are difficult to get a hold of nowadays. The Livewire AFG was a staple module when I got started in 2010 as well as the Toppobrillo Sport Modulator, both now obscure and hard to find. Of course the elusive QMMG. :-)

On the topic of what 'modern' modules are becoming rare, I figure the Sputnik modules will all essentially be hard to find in the future. They are all very good, and as far as I know all production has seized. Maybe the Roland Demora/Scooper et al are candidates too?

Oh yes, good calls on all of those!!

Spotted a very expensive QMMG in the marketplace the other day - eek! Is there really nothing else like this?

I have lost a lot of friends over recent years, it's absolutely devastating, you don't know what it is like until it happens. I was warned about it, one day you are fine and everyone around you is fine, then all of a sudden half your friends are dead or seriously ill. The same thing happens in eras of famous actors, for example. While I wish no one, not even the total assholes, any ill will... it's not going to be long before some Euro Heros start to go.

This is a bit morbid, sorry, but it is part of life, I believe we should talk about it a little more.