I was looking for a decent company for synth parts, kits and other sundries and found Exploding Shed!

Absolutely fantastic!! Highly recommended!!

https://www.exploding-shed.com

We could do with a decent company with good people behind it here in the UK too :)

I really like Exploding Shed and can wholeheartedly recommend them, too. But honestly, the (admittedly few) times I've ordered from thonk.co.uk I was absolutely happy with their service as well. And they offer a much larger selection of parts and kits than the Shed. Can't you please delay Brexit for a few more months so I've got time for another order?

If it was up to me, the whole brexit thing would be in the sea along with the 17 million people who thought / still think it's a good idea - utter insanity on every conceivable level as far as I can tell!

Yes, the guys at exploding shed are great. Had the misfortune of a jack missing from a kit and they quickly sent a replacement, no questions asked.
They also have great solder in stock, which is a plus ;)

Good to hear more positive reviews :D

I bought some of that solder, not tried it yet, but happy to hear that it is good!!

Keen to give it a try... I need to build something...

definitely can recommend ExplodingShed, their support and shipment are super fast. Also great super friendly guys working in the shop. I just wished they had a larger catalogue but for their size it's understandable that the risk of overstocking and having a large catalogue is too high. Regarding Brexit it's unfortunately a reality now and I don't think we can "undo" it, but I think there could be a few options specifically for Thonk. I think it would be great if they opened a store in mainland Europe to provide for their customers outside of UK. This would mean a split in terms of management and a lot of coordination but anything can be achieved with the right motivation and proper planning. Maybe my view is too simplistic and I'm not taking a lot of "buts" into account.

I stumbled upon Exploding Shed when I was looking for black panels for my MATHS and Erbe-Verb and I found some panels by Chora, a maker/designer I'd never heard of. Not a single panel Chora makes was (and is) in stock, but then I found the guy online and now some esoteric MATHS & Erbe black panels are in the making (and also one for MI Yarns). Guess I owe ES a big thank you.

I am inspired by birth, death and the events inbetween.

https://youtube.com/@aphewgoodman

Nice!!

Definitely worth the little extra time it takes to get a delivery from Exploding Shed here in the UK!

Once UK leaves the EU, it would be an absolute no brainer to support Exploding Shed for anyone living in the EU. Depending on import charges (from what I hear they are not too bad) I will probably continue to support them, some things have hidden costs that are not always financial and I don't get that sense from these guys in the slightest. I sincerely hope this brexit is a huge boon for them! It would be great to see them stocking more kits and stepping up again :)

A lovely company with actual real life musicians I believe hehe :D