ModularGrid Rack

intent is drum/bass/fx. i know its asking alot of 84 hp but i plan on expanding. prob need a better mixing system, and dedicated modules.

Why limit yourself to 84hp? You will quickly exhaust the potential of this.
edit
Also, trying to pack this much functionality into a small space will make this a nightmare to tweak. You probably want this to be a fun and playable instrument, but that's going to be tough with no room to get your fingers in there.

Yep...look at it this way: if you already KNOW that 84 hp isn't sufficient, and if larger cases are readily available, why do this? After all, what you have here is missing quite a few of the utility-type modules necessary to get the ones that're in this build to really shine, in addition to farkas's excellent observation about the crap-level ergonomics.

And I won't even get into the total absence of VCAs here...

Thanks all, I'll take into consideration. FYI, Plancks is a VCA

Ah, I see...it's a Frames clone. Well, yes, there's VCAs in it, but given the implementation, there's a lot more that it can do beyond just being a set of four VCAs. Quite a few users like it as a substitute (for now) for something like the ARP 2500 Mixsequencer, or for its morphing capabilities.

When I'm talking about VCAs, I'm talking about VCAs that have a minimum of bells 'n' whistles attached. In other words, something more akin to Mutable's Veils or the Intellijel equivalent, the Quad VCA. When you're using these as modifiers for CV and/or modulation levels, you don't want anything else going except for that one function. And you also need VCAs that function as single VCAs. Example: you only have the Plancks here...so let's say you need to impose an envelope on a modulation signal. Now, this won't have a sound to it, but there's definitely a signal there. But given that the Plancks CANNOT break out individual VCAs (or at least, not easily), you're using part of it to do audio, and part to do modulation, and this won't sound decent at all if you try and Mixsequence the output...because the "inaudible" modulation signal has to be part of the Plancks' "mix". This results in a "hole", audibly...but if you have DC-coupled outputs on your modular (which you just might have...Ladik's info says nothing about the outputs being isolated in any way) and pass DC to your amp. Then, if that's DC-coupled, on to your monitors...and then it's possible you'll get a result kinda like THIS:

Not good. So, yeah, while the Plancks can deal with audio just fine...that's not the only thing you need VCAs for.

Ah, thanks for the clarity and information. I'm new to modular, and detailed incite like this is very helpful. Thank you. I've started revising with a different mindset, namely not imposing a size restriction needlessly on myself. I started a new 2x104hp rack, but I know things are subject to change as soon as I get my first few modules.