Over the years I’ve bought modules, apparently around 54, for a home studio and never sold anything. So, lots of duplication and some one off casualties. I recently purchased a travel case (6U / 104 hp) because I have a long trip coming up and want to carry along a euro rack rack for creation and experimentation.

So, here is my collection:

ModularGrid Rack

I was curious as to the racks (6U / 104 hp) that the posters here might put together. Thought it might be fun for some of you, but maybe not, just ignore if so.

Thanks!

I somehow lost my post, so you're getting the shortened version, but I put together a drone/ambient rack for you that's similar to the 104 x 6U case I've been working with a lot lately. ModularGrid Rack

It's got 3 VCOs, tons of effects and modulation, a pinch of touch control, I skimped on mixing (using the Quad VCA and Links for that, also notice the HPO I added that you don't have), but all together I think you could get some really nice texture and movement out of this. The only question open in my mind is whether I'd swap the Terci Ruina for the Clep Diaz, you might already have more than enough CV control, and distortion opens up a lot of possibilities...

I like it, thank you for taking the time.

I like Tetra over Points and the 4MS sampler over Morphogene. What are your thoughts / pros & cons in that regard? Also, tEharmonic scares me. I haven’t had much luck with it. Have you gotten much out of it before? I’m sure it’s just user error on my part.

I haven't used Tetra, or either the 4MS sampler or the Morphogene, but taking a quick look the Tetra looks like it'd slot in quite nicely here and actually do a lot more than the Pressure Points. Good call. I can't speak to 4MS vs Morphogene, but to the Telharmonic, I find that I really like putting a module I haven't had luck with into a smaller rack where I can start to focus on it and learn its ins and outs more thoroughly. It does seem to be a well-regarded module, so if you've not had success with it in the past maybe this is a chance to fix that, and if it doesn't work out you've got two other oscillators anyway... That said, either a Plaits or a Rings could take its place and do quite nicely I think.

Whatever you do, let us know, and I hope we get to hear some tunes! Which makes me think, you might want to swap a Disting in so you can record on the go, nice module huh?

Hey @troux, I think I’m going to put this together tomorrow for my trip. I’ll definitely post some things that come out of it. Let me know if you think I’ve made any choice mistakes. Nice chatting with you.

ModularGrid Rack

Looks solid to me @ColdTurkey28, can't wait to hear what you make with it.

Hey @troux

I am loving the jams I’ve been having with my small system! I’ll record one soon and share.

Here’s what I ended up with. Pretty happy so far.

ModularGrid Rack

That looks like a lot of fun @ColdTurkey28, you'll have to record something and get it on our ModularGrid Best of 2020 comp! Check it out https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/9382

this user has left ModularGrid

I have a Tetrapad in one of my cases and it is super fun! I am still learning to use it. I think your travel case setup looks pretty solid.
I am using my Doepfer 6u suitcase for travel setup now that I have two larger cases hehe. Still, I'd love to get an Intellijel 7u or Make Noise 7u travel case since it has lots of goodies like 1u tiles in the Intellijel case and the cv busboard in the Make Noise 7u case. Maybe I get a smaller MDLR 9u or 12u case with 1u tiles in future as I've been happy with my MDLR 14u case.