I've been incrementally building up a modest amount of Eurorack modules, and before I take it further I thought asking for some advice from more experienced users here would be a good idea. Any feedback very welcome!

The top rack are modules I already own. I also own the Lifeforms SV-1, which I have as a standalone unit. The second row contains the modules I'm looking at buying in the near future. I should also add that the top row is currently housed in one 84hp cardboard case (didn't want to invest in a case without knowing it was the right size!), but I think given space (and money) constraints 6U x 84hp would be a good size to aim for, or a skiff and an 84hp row at a push.

Onto the modules...The ES-3 provides trigger/gate sequencing and a clock for the VB from Ableton + push and some modulation (simple LFOs normally). VB generally gets tied to the BIA which can easily take up all its channels. I've hardly scratched the surface of the uO_c, however ideally I envisage using it to provide 4 part chords, with chord parameters modulated by VB (more on this later). Typhoon for glitchy stutters and drones. Coming from a DAW only background for years I'm really enjoying the hands on approach in Eurorack, and whilst I would like the rack to remain a studio tool, I'd like to cut back on how much multi-tracking I do with it (currently my workflow is: record a bunch of percussion on BIA, loop in Ableton, then repatch for the lifeforms and record. I also put out of rack stuff into the typhoon).

Now the Odessa - my main reservation is that it's a big module, 20hp or 25hp with the expander and an LPG. However it also ticks a lot of boxes - between BIA, SV-1 and the Odessa I'd have a lot of sonic ground covered, and the expander gives the opportunity to utilize the chordal control from the O_c, which is one of it's main draws of the Odessa for me. Or am I trying to do too much in too small a space? Would I also want a dual filter to go with it? I love the idea of the Zadar and will probably pick this up either way.

Finally - are there any glaring omissions in my case or modules you think that could do the same job or better in smaller HP? Recommendations for complimentary modules and where to go from here are also welcome. The music I make is quite down tempo but rhythmically driven (I don't push the BIA as aggressively as most - prefer the more low key sounds) - looping sequences with a lot of modulation, textural beds and bits of glitchiness.

Thanks for any input!

Odessa is lovely, but as you suggest, it might be too large for a case of this size. It's also hungry for modulation, and you don't have much to go around with this current configuration (since, as you say, you're using the VB predominantly with the BIA). I'd suggest moving up to a 6u 104 hp case, to get a little more room.

Agreed...although, the Odessa is potentially worth making room for, given its capabilities. You'd need more modulation sources, as noted...but there ARE ways to get at that without chewing up your space. F'rinstance, Doepfer's got this shrunk-down version of their Quad LFO that fits into only 4 hp. No CV control, but you can jumper those puppies out to 8 minute cycles for nice, Krell-ish slow changes.

DO consider a move to 2 x 104, though. Given the CHEEPNIZ of the Tiptop Mantis and its useful features, that makes for a better beginning cab these days than a 2 x 84. Easily expandable, also.

Odessa is great on it's own, paired with the Zadar it is truly lovely,,,

But...

It will love you more if you find it a Lipsk to play with ;)

...and it absolutely NEEDS a mixer and an inverter to remove the fundamental when you would like to do so!

Chiming in with my 2 cents on Zadar, they should've just included Nin with it it's so useful, so I'd suggest you throw one of those in. Otherwise this looks like good fun.