this user has left ModularGrid

Holiday jam on portable case with some new modules

Hi Sacguy71,

You are back! :-) I missed your videos. That module on bottom left, what module is that? Is that one of your new modules? From your video I understood it's an attenuator but I didn't hear which brand or model name it is.

You got some heavy kick sound there :-) ! Oh great, I finally can see your new monster case Doepfer - A-100PMB :-) Great! Ha, ha, "that sucker waits a ton", yes that's right! I got the A-100PMS12 and when it's empty it's already pretty heavy, filled with modules, I am not going to travel around with that one...

Thanks a lot for sharing and Merry Christmas to you too, kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

The new module on left is a Mutable Instruments Shades support module that works like either an attenuator or attenuverter and can do mixing as well. I found that percussion modules like BIA really need an attenuator/attenuverter. The other new module in the setup is the Noise Engineering Desmodus Versio an amazing reverb module with lots of options as well. It really spices up drum patches quite a bit. Today was a very fun day- I met up with another local Eurorack modular synth enthusiast and we jammed together. I had the chance to try out the Intellijel Planar 2 and Rossum Control Forge- both superb modules. I do have a Befaco Joystick and other stuff on order :-) hehe.

Yeah my Doepfer monster base case and MDLR 14u weight a lot. So for local jams, I use the 6u suitcase for ease of travel without breaking my back and also with a healing foot from past broken ankle, cannot put a lot of weight on it yet so all good. Have you found your dream sequencer yet? The Erica Synths Black Sequencer looks promising once they get the bugs worked out and have another major firmware update.

Happy Holidays!

Hi Sacguy71,

Yes the Desmodus Versio was clearly visible (the name) in your video :-) I am still hesitating about Noise Engineering and I am waiting for a next opportunity to get a few Noise Engineering modules tested at my local dealer, however since a few weeks we are back in a lock down here in Germany, so I have to wait for a while.

I had a few set backs regarding free time but catching up now with my modular stuff. I need to explore more my Drum Sequencer from Erica Synths, I hope to be able to do that in the next few days. Then let's see what the dream sequencer combination is going to be together with this Drum Sequencer :-)

Thank you, Happy Holidays too! Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

No worries, Garfield. The Noise Engineering stuff has been very good experience thus far with the Clep Diaz being the most tricky to figure out. I have a Loquelic Iteritas Percido on the way so will be fun to compare with my Cursus Iteritas. I think that once my WMD Metron arrives along with Mimetic Digitalis and Euclidian Circles, my sequencer needs will be met until end of next year. But I will need another mixer or two for my racks. I am finding eurorack mixers that can mix cv and audio plus pan and have effects sends to be super useful.