this user has left ModularGrid

Got my first modular joystick controller today a Befaco joystick and so fun!

I did try an Intellijel Planar 2 at a friend's place this weekend and like that a lot since you can record and playback gestures but it is sold out so will wait until another time next year.

Hi Sacguy71,

I even didn't know Befaco had a joystick module, so far I was always thinking of Intellijel versus joystick module hence Planar II. Nice demo video, thanks for making the Befaco joystick known :-)

Ha, ha, you got some really funny & weird sounds in that demo! :-)

Recently I heard that Doepfer is coming up with a joystick module too (A-174-4), I might go for that one but let's see first.

Have fun with the joystick module and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

this user has left ModularGrid

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah the Intellijel Planar 2 is my favorite joystick module but alas it is out of stock for quite a while like many Intellijel modules and cases. I did get to try one out at a friend's place and it is really fun being able to record gestures for playback and looping plus the joystick remains in place when using it.

Anyways the Befaco joystick is a lot of fun and affordable. I love the trigger buttons makes me feel like playing a classic arcade video game especially if you send gates out to percussion modules like I did in the video. It was weird mix considering I took various sound sources and blended them together for sonic mayhem. The only thing I don't like about the joystick is that when you move it, it does not remain in place like the Intellijel Planar joystick. Still for live performance adds some nice variety to patches.

Hi Sacguy71,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience between the Befaco and the Intellijel joysticks, very interesting to know.

Indeed Intellijel and Make Noise seem to have some serious availability issues :-(

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads