I've been practicing live acid/house/etc lately with my dance rig, and getting some fun results. Was playing around this evening and thought "Where's my disting, this is too good not to record" so here we are. I liked this bassline so much I stuck to it for the whole time, that'll be a focus of future tunes, but I think it works here and overall I'm happy with the amount of variation and how everything flows. Anyway, give it a listen and let me know what you think.

https://stevehand.bandcamp.com/track/2020-acid-take-1-extended

I had intended to put together an ambient piece for the EOY 2020 comp but since most everyone else sent over dance pieces (and long ones too lol) I think this'll be my contribution.

Sounds great @troux. I love the transition around the 6:45 mark. Kind of gives me Orbital vibes.

Thanks @farkas, I haven't listened to them enough actually, any recommendations?

It sounds great @troux, well done! I'm also getting that kind of Orbital vibes here.

If you haven't listened to the Orbital's In Sides album I can't recommend it enough, it's a fantastic album. Also if you're in an Acid mood Orbital 2 has some pretty cool tracks.

Yes, I was going to recommend Orbital 2 as well. I think Orbital's "Chime" is among my all time favorite electronic tracks. It's so simple, but has such a great vibe.

I'll check those out, thanks you two.

Hi Troux,

Yeah, a nice long enjoyable track from you again, lovely! :-)

He, he, the first few moments, I actually thought I clicked the wrong button or something and I thought I was listening to the demo track & video about that Toraiz - Squid Multitrack Sequencer:

One of your sounds sounds quite similar to the main lead voice/sound of that above demo :-)

Nice one and I can't wait for your compilation file. Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks @GarfieldModular, and dang does that sequencer look nice. So many good tools nowadays.

Nice one @troux!

I second the recommendation of Insides -- one of the all time great records in electronic music.

Thanks @the-erc! And I've got Insides at the top of my list, seems like some good NYE listening 🕺