this user has left ModularGrid

Had fun learning my new WMD Metron sequencer and came up with fun creation tonite:

Finally getting the hang of the Metron sequencer it is super fun and powerful and great for on the fly changes to create dozens of variations and patterns on the fly in second! Can save for later recall as well.

That's a groovy one, well done!

The Metron seems like a beast for live performances, a really interesting module for drum sequences.

Thanks Exposure! It is a very powerful live sequencer and once you get the hang of the workflow, very fast to program and save dozens of patterns and sequences chained together. I do wish idiots would quit down voting my YT channel videos. Not sure why they hate on my channel videos?

Hi Sacguy71,

Oh yeah! Nice and cool rhythm you got yourself build there with the Metron. Nice to see in this video the Metron as well as its supporting modules.

Ha, ha, I like those sudden surprise sounds that kick in around 2:10.

It's still very enjoyable to watch you at work with your modular synth :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah it is super fast to create lots of variations and chain them together into songs and then instantly punch in a dramatic change for variety on the Metron. Very immediate sequencer once you get the hang of it. The random and probability modes are tons of fun and you can create a lot of unique patterns and save them quickly. I am enjoying my Eloquencer as well and that has even more sequencer modes and features. Probably look at getting the new Erica Synths Black Sequencer and Vector with expander when I get an 18u studio case in few years but have more than enough to keep busy for 2021. I do plan to get mixer expanders and the WMD Performance mixer and the comparator that Lugia advised for my setups and more drum modules hehe.

Hi Sacguy71,

Let me know once you got the WMD Performance Mixer and if you like it, I am kind of considering that one too, but I am not sure yet. Not the cheapest mixer around there...

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Garfield,

Sure will do that and just waiting until next major online sale this year. I have the Befaco Hexmixer/Hex VCA combo which is great and love the mutes and options and XAOC Devices Praga in my other case. Eurorack mixers are expensive but I find them super useful for modular performance and submixes.

I absolutely agree with you about the usefulness of Eurorack mixers!

That's the reason why I am looking into an additional Eurorack mixer :-)

Agree and at first I thought that they were overpriced and not worth getting since I started using a cheap external mixer. But after having a couple modular mixers that can blend audio and CV, they are super useful and fun. Mutes are very important to me as they let me punch in and punch out melody and beats rapidly. Also help my workflow to be way more productive in modular. Once I get the WMD Performance mixer will let you know. So far, WMD modules like Fracture, Chimera, Crater and Metron are superb! They were made for the live performing modular artist and I can feel the easier workflow. Praga is ok but more a pain to use and need the Hrad expander for that.