...for trying to find a bridge between the current Intellijel vs Pulplogic tile mess! EVERYONE making tile modules needs to have a look at what they're doing here!

And I'll also point out: if XODES can come up with a full series of drum tiles, this could go some distance to fixing the "drums don't work with modular" issue. You could easily devote a tile row to this, along with the requisite mixers, etc, and this keeps these types of modules OUT of the 3U rows, meaning that you'd have the space for the intensive sequencing needed AND space for the rest of the build as well.


Hi Lugia,

That's interesting indeed, quite small modules, might be indeed useful for one's 1U row :-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Well, that's the idea...but what XODES seems to have figured out here is how to mount a Pulplogic-format tile into an Intellijel tile row without further modifications. Now, if we could just get the Intellijel format guys to have a look at these and sort out how to do universal mounting slots like that (to put Intellijel format tiles in a Pulplogic row), the whole "tile format war" would effectively be OVER. And I'd be 110% down with that!


Xodes' solution is simple, very smart.


...for trying to find a bridge between the current Intellijel vs Pulplogic tile mess! EVERYONE making tile modules needs to have a look at what they're doing here!

and so simple it's clever

And I'll also point out: if XODES can come up with a full series of drum tiles, this could go some distance to fixing the "drums don't work with modular" issue. You could easily devote a tile row to this, along with the requisite mixers, etc, and this keeps these types of modules OUT of the 3U rows, meaning that you'd have the space for the intensive sequencing needed AND space for the rest of the build as well.
-- Lugia

but the drums do work, they just cost you more... much, much more!

and even then not necessarily - I use a fss portland, which I built for under €300 - or a set of prok drums and a cheap mixer isn't much more - of course you need a soldering iron...


Or better still, you find an MXR Drum Computer with a blown-up sequencer but 100% intact ROM voices, and you make a pigtail for the triggers off of the Molex on the back, then feed it with pretty much anything that can kick out the right signal! Definitely optimal, just not all that likely.


...for trying to find a bridge between the current Intellijel vs Pulplogic tile mess! EVERYONE making tile modules needs to have a look at what they're doing here!

And I'll also point out: if XODES can come up with a full series of drum tiles, this could go some distance to fixing the "drums don't work with modular" issue. You could easily devote a tile row to this, along with the requisite mixers, etc, and this keeps these types of modules OUT of the 3U rows, meaning that you'd have the space for the intensive sequencing needed AND space for the rest of the build as well.
-- Lugia

Thanks! (I never really thought about checking the forum...)

This idea actually came from... laziness, as I didn't want to deal with 2 front panels for the same product. It looks to me like most people adopting 1U in IJ format are not that into black panels (despite the black cases...), while some true PL fanatics seem to kind of dislike anything that is not expressively made for them. I guess it will never be possible to make everybody happy.

Prototypes for the full 808 set have already been (hand) assembled a couple of years ago actually (all archived now, there might still be some references about these on the internet I guess), yet planning production for 10 different modules at once is another story, and will involve big $ and may need quite some time.