My brain was starting to think in hi-hat patterns, so I figured it might be time to try something new. I shifted around my 208 rack to see if I could prove @Lugia's "208's not enough for generative" maxim wrong, patched it up, stepped back, and got this:

https://stevehand.bandcamp.com/track/generative-ambient-studies-1

You can see the rack here, Monome Crow is doing a lot of work as it dual quantizes through the circle of fifths:

ModularGrid Rack

It turned out pretty well I think, but there's not enough timbral or dynamic variation, and a little too much reverb (what's new?) so I'm gonna take another crack at it once I shift some modules around and add a bit more modulation and VCAs to see whether it's possible to go a bit deeper here.

Hope you all enjoy!

Two-Oh-Eight is Enough!
This sounds really nice. Hypnagogic and dreamy.

Thanks @farkas!

Well this is lovely :)

Just drifting along...

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

Thanks @wishbonebrewery, I almost didn't post it so glad you all are enjoying it.

The Monome module is cheating. ;-)

Actually, though...using something multifunctional such as the Monome Crow and many others to cram more functionality into a given space is a good way to get past that 2 x 104 stricture. But then, you risk winding up with a modular that requires loads of menu-diving to get something generative up and running. The key is in finding a balance between that and the simplicity of not having to menu-dive.

Hi Steve,

Oh this is lovely relaxing music. Close your eyes and let go, let go earth and go into hyper-space. You can imagine (eyes still closed) the stars you see slowly moving by, the serious emptiness of the galaxy, your music, planet Uremap 64T here I come ;-)

Oh this is fantastic, this could go on and on for me and I am still floating around in hyper-space...

You have done it, I left earth again ;-) Thank you very much for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Right now it's only stepping in as a dual quantizer and a fixed 12 step mini sequencer @Lugia. I plead innocent lol

Thank you as always @GarfieldModular, every time I record something my first thought is "I've gotta share this with Garfield" so I'm glad on this occasion we achieved liftoff. Next time you visit Uremap 64T please take some photos and perhaps I can use them as album covers 🧑‍🚀

Hi Steve,

Ha, ha, well thank you, I guess... ;-)

You know... in hyper space there is lot of freedom and there aren't many rules, but there is one though and one is promised to be held on to that and that is this:

Once a full planet's nation or something like that is able to go in hyper space then it's allowed to take the information you found in hyper space back to where you are from and share it with the rest of your living beings on that planet or place you are from. Earth has not been reached that stage yet where everyone is able to go into hyper space, so as long as that's the case things as taken pictures (old fashion though, nobody does that in hyper space for ages) and take that back to a place that has not been (fully) freed up in hyper space like our Earth is, well, sorry but that's just not done, you just can't do that I am afraid.

For example "lift-off", I totally understand what you mean, however in hyper space that is such a 20th century expression... you know... I better not mention that there ;-) In hyper space one would rather call it "being transferred", or something like that.

So what we all should do is this: if we all can just make even better music than we already do, put all our efforts into even more "hyper spacey" kind of music, perhaps if we would do that all together, we could hyper space the entire Earth into hyper space, then there are no more secrets to be kept and you can take whatever photographs you would like to.

How about that, hey? ;-) Meanwhile (while we are not hyper spaced yet as one union) let's keep up the good work and enjoy our music. Thank you very much in name of hyper space beings and planet nations and their humble servant, named Garfield.

P.S.: Lugia, I am still on nothing else than just "modulargrid.net" ;-)

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

This is very nice indeed. :)

Thanks @the-erc, and @GarfieldModular, I'm doing my part to hyper space us into a new reality, though it's proving quite hard lol. We'll keep at it though.