Hey all! I’m expecting a bash from the knowledgeable people here!! It’ll be most welcome! ;)
(Image sure not reflect current state, I don’t know why)
This is my system right now! It’s great fun and does a lot of what I was hoping, meaning it generates its own tunes to a certain extent, drones for a while and even creates some nice ambience in this dark times!
I want to expand my voices with the Saïch and athru also from Instruō. I’m quite set on those ad next very sexy modules!
I had the Erica Black Sequencer and while it was great fun and incredibly versatile with all that modulation, I decided to let it go and get it when I incorporate a second case and bigger system. I think I’d much prefer something smaller and more ‘performance’ oriented, although I do realize that might be that module... it’s me the one who had to learn it! ;)

Now, I’m searching for some advice on how to expand the pallet of this rack. Specifically, I think I need more modulation!! For effects, I’m using a Zoia and a bunch of other pedals outside the rack, but I’d like to bring them in, specially some creative reverb..
I’m curious what you make of this and very looking forward for the help and feedback I might get!

In the meantime, stay safe!
Cheers

Jorge

Actually, this isn't bad...the only real issues I see here are...

You need a PROPER stereo mixer, ie: one that actually has panning over your mono signals. Instead of the Intellijel that's there, have a look at some of Ladik's manual stereo mixers. Their M-172 gives you four pannable mono channels plus one stereo, and also features 1/4" isolated outs. And...

The tile row, as it stands now, isn't what it could be. I'd recommend this lineup:
ModularGrid Rack
(If this isn't showing up, check back later. MG's server seems to be throwing another tantrum over the Screenshot mode)
This keeps the I/O (why in the name of all that's holy did Intellijel discontinue the all-in-one module for this, though?) and the QuadrATT and FX I/O, but adds the very useful Noise Tools and a DuATT, plus a USB power module in case you need to power something like a controller, etc. Much more potent, and it eliminates the mults which really aren't all that necessary in a small build (just use inline mults instead, and save space for things like this).

Thanks @Lugia for chiming in!

Yeah, since I ever started planning my case, the mixer conundrum stays one of the main PIA... Many options there, but none that really checks all boxes. I'd like to have CV control over panning, stereo Send/Return (2x if possible), a nice interface, not too big... maybe I have build my own!! :D (if I only knew how.)

I know of the Frap Tools new instalment, but adding to the price tag they take quite some space and are still a bit cryptic for me. Knob.farm seems like a good option for the Sends (and would free some space on the 1U row), and with support from another module for some of the functions, could get me nearer the goal. I've checked Vortices and sort of even get it, but that interface is a bit all over the place for me.
Do you have any other combos you know about to help me on that front?

Regarding the 1U row, thanks for taking the time to put that together. I seem to remember reading that the original I/O was bigger and they wanted to give people the choice of having both interfaces or not. Plus you can separate them spacially, that might make sense in some setups!
I thought of adding a Duatt+Vca in there with possibly an LPG also, that would give me some more control over modulation, and to buff it even more, since I ditched the Black Sequencer (for now), I'm considering the Plum Audio 1u version of O&C. It takes quite some space, but I'm hoping I can then combine that with some interesting, crazy, modulation on the 3u space. Would you car to chime in?

The Buffered Mult is there mainly to divide Harmonaigs root (exclusively :D) to other oscillators once the Saïch is there, as that one would take all of them. I'm a classic double bass player in my working hours, so harmony still plays a big part on the sounds I go for. But if you don't think I'd need it and could do with stackables or even those starfish thingies, I would free also that space for something more interesting. Gladly!

Thanks again! I look forward for more input from you and the Jims, Farkas, Garfields, Kels, and some I'm sure forgetting right now! You make this community a lot less poor in their banks and richer in their noodling lives!

Cheers!
Jorge

Hi, (it's me, Florian from the fb group^^).
You wrote, that you are planning to get a second case, on muff I read that you can get some problems, if you mix different cases, cause they seem to have different zero V (or ground, idk). With 2 Inttelijel 7u cases you could solve the problem by linking them together. With an other 7u you should have also space for some buffered mults ^^. And if you go for the generative kombi you don't need the noise tools. When you are sure about a second 7u case, I wouldn't go for the duatt, instead I would wait and get a second quadratt for the second case and some mults and vcas. :)
Cheers Florian