The facts:
New to Eurorack, and I've done homework, but don't know what I don't know.
Generative/random/rhythmic/live sampling is the vibe. I was floored by the MN Tape and Microsound Music Machine demos, and I'd like to build a rig like that, plus maybe sequencing in the rack and some oscillators? The 4MS sampler workflow seems to match my workflow more than the Morphagene or Squid (maybe?), but I could be persuaded otherwise.
I have a deep investment in guitar pedals (including some with CV control), so tweaking sounds outside the rack is really important to me, and I've looked at in-rack and pedalboard (Boredbrain) solutions for that.
I have a small studio full of analog/digital sound sources (guitar/bass/circuit bent/drums/keyboards/Volcas/etc.). Not especially interested in DAW integration, but definitely need to sync to Volcas, Rhythm Wolves, etc.
I have experience performing live noise sets with guitar, pedals, and a Boss RC-300 looper, and looking to extend that (though maybe in the studio more than in a performance context).
Ideas and suggestions welcomed.
Thanks.
The idea for the rig (though the modules aren't necessarily in order):
ModularGrid Rack

My tuppence : I think you are a bit over-endowed with randomness. Also quite a few modules take up too much space. I would :
- ditch the Chance;
- switch the Scales for a 2hp quantiser;
- switch Quad VCA for Veils (to save space).
- Swap the 2hp MMF for a filter with more controllable params (and bigger knobs!)
- Consider switching Maths for a smaller function generator.
- Add some voltage controlled envelope generators to eat all the triggers from steppy/noise tools/pulses
- Add a step sequencer

you might also look into the AI Synthesis eurorack Stompbox Adaptor module. its 2hp (smol) but has been a real great addition to my lil eurorack and its cheap ($70 for a prebuilt module or $10 in diy kit form)

Thanks for the feedback!

Actually, I'll peg the problem here as being a too-small cab. One rule of thumb to always follow when working out builds on MG is that you always want to start with a cab that seems too large for your purposes. Most of the time, once you start dropping modules in, you'll discover that it WASN'T too large in the first place! Plus, if this is intended as a live performance device, you DON'T want teensy little modules as those will only result in trouble when gigging. Lots of potential to grab the wrong knobs, etc. The Intellijel idea seems right...but consider a 7U 104 from them instead.

Noted - thank you.