alt text

I built a two tier rack using The original Mother 32 case and another 60hp case from Moog. I’m trying to make it so I don’t have two cables to power the entire rack. I originally thought of using a short barrel cable to “daisy chain” the Row Power to the original Mother 32 power input.
There are two issues:
1. The power directly flows through the output on the Row Power and is not controlled by the on/off switch.
2. This might be in my head, but after a very short time of being plugged into the Mother 32 through the Row Power, the Mother seemed to be getting really warm and smelled like it was getting too hot. So I quickly unplugged it for fear that it may be overloaded on power.

Has this happened to anyone else?
What are some solutions?

use both wall warts as specified in the manuals of the moog and power supply or buy a bigger case that has enough power for everything including the moog on the eurorack power rails

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Good job on overloading the P/S. That's exactly what happens...at first, but then, you stopped before the REAL damage could get going...hopefully. The hot smell might indicate that you've damaged the wallwart, however.

If you have something that has a SPECIFIC case with a SPECIFIC power source for it, use that for that ONLY. I don't think Moog intended for that sort of usage, nor did 4ms. Unless you know what you're doing with current loading, specific voltages, and you have a serious DC supply instead of a wallwart, don't try anything like this again.