Hello my European fellow.

Since the start of the year I have noticed that I've been receiving much less messages re. my modules for sale. And in the few I have received, one of the questions is always "will I have to pay custom fees?".
This makes me realise there is a lot of confusion regarding Brexit across the continent, and this is affecting us Irish people. So I wanted to clear things out:
- The Republic of Ireland is an independent country which is not part of the UK.
- It is still a member of the EU, and we use the same Euro currency as most EU countries. There is NO custom fees when buying from RoI.
- Northern Ireland, however, is separate from RoI and IS part of the UK, therefore you'd probably have to pay custom fees.

On a side note, all this is explained on every single of my ads, which means that people do not read ads properly before getting in touch. So please, RTFA people! :D

Dear Irish mate,

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea, so buying from Belfast is now a nope situation but Dublin and most of the island is still good. Very nice, I for one am glad to still have you with us

Dear Irish mate,

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea, so buying from Belfast is now a nope situation but Dublin and most of the island is still good. Very nice, I for one am glad to still have you with us
-- toodee

I have to admit I do not know the situation when buying from RoI to Northern Ireland and vice-versa.

I am not an expert, but just for interests sake, this is the current situation as I understand it:

The Good Friday Agreement stipulates there will never be a hard border between NI and ROI.

BREXIT requires a hard border between the UK and the EU.

ROI is part of the EU.

NI is part of the UK.

yes really...

yes, really... really...

There is probably a multitude of business opportunities for some enterprising and very brave soul exporting and importing between these countries.

I couldn't deal with the inevitable stress, or the potential jail time, but that's a 20% additional markup on anything you care to take the trouble to drive over the border as far as I can make out...

I would be shocked if there isn't an incredible amount of technically illegal activity going on!

I am taking commissions for synth builds. UK ONLY for now. DM for details :)

You can find my modular synth album here https://kel-audio.bandcamp.com - enjoy!

I'd be shocked if there wasn't an incredible amount of completely illegal activity going on!

Heh, yep, of course... these things happen anyway, always have, always will!

I am taking commissions for synth builds. UK ONLY for now. DM for details :)

You can find my modular synth album here https://kel-audio.bandcamp.com - enjoy!