this user has left ModularGrid

My new 16 channel Mackie mixer and JBL monitors arrived and had fun messing about today in new studio space.
I may use another part of the house eventually but these areas are great for folks to come over and jam and with the 16 channel mixer can easily accomodate friends with modular synths. A quick demo

Now it is not a Mozart performance just mess around try the various presets and FX from the new Mackie mixer and JBL monitors. Amazing how loud 5 inch studio monitors can sound!

Hi Sacguy71,

Congratulations on your new house and new studio space! That's great, looks like you are ready to rumble ;-)

Which Mackie mixer is that, the 1642 VLZ4 or the 1604 VLZ4? He, he, that sound around 13:00+ is fun!

I look forward in seeing more videos when the studio is ready, you have still to setup the tables? Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah, it is great having a ton of space and options now with no limits. The mixer in the video is a Mackie ProFX16v3 16-channel Mixer with USB and Effects. It is super awesome and I needed a much larger mixer to accomodate fellow musicians who visit and more gear. The level of control and FX options are superb in this affordable mixer. As my studio grows, larger mixers become essential equipment. The JBL 5 inch monitors are LOUD for a small speaker. I still need to assemble two studio desks to place more gear in the same area. At this point, I may also use another room or two for recording quiet mixing studio room as it is more enclosed and would lend itself perfect for sound treatment. Lots of egg crate sound proofing material to be purchased for sure to avoid the loud echo in the rooms.

Hi Sacguy71,

Oh that's a nice mixer from Mackie, I overlooked that ProFX16v3, I would prefer to have that one over my Behringer Xenyx X2442 USB. Anyway, now I am looking into a digital mixer.

Well instead of buying all that sound proofing stuff, why not eat the next few months a few more eggies and use those left over egg crates to glue them against the wall? ;-)

Ha, ha, yeah I heard in your video that the JBLs can be pretty loud! Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Yeah that is great idea Garfield! More eggs and use the egg cartons and foam for cheap solution.
Love the Mackie mixer will let me daisy chain my gear together and free up slots for jam buddies to contribute.

I need to sample some gunshots from the local gun range in the future to add the hardcore industrial ambience now that my new studio is quieter hehe.

hmm they may be more psycho acoustic than acoustic!

glad to hear you are safely moved and away from gunfire!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities