Hi everyone, this is my first post here, I hope it's appropriate.
I'm relatively new to modular and I'd be interested in getting some feedback on an Intellijel case I've been thinking about.
My idea is to have a compact modular to midi control via my Elektron Digitakt, comprising a granular synth, some modulation and a single analogue voice to play bass/do some sound design with.

I'd like to know if I missed some important module or things could be done in a more efficient way to achieve similar results.
I'm open to your suggestions :)
Have a nice day

You're going to get some suggestions to get a bigger rack but I personally think this is an ok starting point, and you'd probably learn a lot (before you break down and do in fact get a bigger rack down the road). My one comment would be that I don't really see the need for the Lapsus Os here, you already have two attenuators on the Maths and that's 10HP you could instead use for other things, e.g.

1) a mini Marbles clone
2) a Turing Machine, either a 2HP TM or a mini Thonk one, alongside some extra modulation c.f. an Ochd, a Ladik Harmonic or Folding LFO, etc
3) another analog oscillator in small form factor like a Doepfer Precision VCO (4HP) plus some mixing or extra modulation as above
4) a Disting MK4 plus some combination of the above which'll let you try out a ton of new things and open up the possibilities for the rack a lot

4) a Disting MK4...
-- troux

ISTR the Disting is too deep to fit in one of these palette cases. There's a Mylarmelodies video where he's got in held in with tape!

Dangit I wasn't thinking about that at all!! But it's a good point for @Lorenzzz94 too, make sure you check the depth of all your modules here to make sure they fit.

why everyone recommends bigger cases to start with is that buying the bigger case saves you the expense of the smaller case and stops you having to worry for a longer period of time that you are running out of space, especially if you follow the other golden rule - "start small grow slow"

oddly though this does seem to be a decent fit for the size and spec

I started with a smallish case 6u/72hp and after 6 months when I only had 12hp free I decided I wanted Maths - not instead of anything but as well as everything else - so I bought a mantis and moved everything into that - and it was great - but when the mantis was full - 6 months later - I still had the smaller case as over-spill - I now have 6 cases and it's about 4 years later - luckily I have quite a lot of free space and probably won't run out til the end of this year maybe next - and my GAS seems to have massively reduced - I'm not really that interested in newer modules and especially nothing overly complicated or flashy - I have expensive modules

And the point of me telling you that is that I often look back and think I could have probably stopped at a mantis - but I wouldn't then have discovered video synthesis or DIY

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

And the point of me telling you that is that I often look back and think I could have probably stopped at a mantis - but I wouldn't then have discovered video synthesis or DIY

-- JimHowell1970

;-))