Just to notify that the Maths is now available for purchase new at Thomann, at €319.
I'm considering one myself, but given my decision-making speed, it'll probably be out of stock again by the time I do decide.

Just to notify that the Maths is now available for purchase new at Thomann, at €319.
I'm considering one myself, but given my decision-making speed, it'll probably be out of stock again by the time I do decide.
-- Mazz

Buy one, speculatively.
After completing that long and thorough decision process
still turn it around with minimal loss, if need be.

Alternatively, get a FranKinksTides and a 4ch mixing attenuverter and possibly save a bit.
(2cts)

... aaand it's gone.

Buy one, speculatively.
After completing that long and thorough decision process
still turn it around with minimal loss, if need be.

Alternatively, get a FranKinksTides and a 4ch mixing attenuverter and possibly save a bit.
(2cts)

-- wiggler55550

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not too keen on the MI stuff. I'm never too sure what I'm looking at with those...
At the moment what I keep running out of is LFOs and I'm in the market for a quad with as much CV control as possible. Currently torn between the Batumi and the Malekko Quad LFO. Same thing, yet so different.
Definitely need an attenuverter. I have a whooping zero.

What is going on with (vintage??) Maths ???

I have seen all kinds of gear being declared vintage or rare over the last few years, to justify a higher price level. the latest i noticed was the vintage makenoise maths, with prices around 5/600 up to 900 and even 1100 ($ or €)

wtf??!! is it so much better than the newer and current model, to justify a price for used modules that is 2,3 or even 4 times the price of a new Maths?

Am i missing something?

I wanted to see by myself.

Currently (08/08/23), there is a second-hand 'Make Noise MATHS V1 Silver/ Red Knobs' offered at 1100€ at Reverb. That same day, a new MATHS at Thomann (or Music Store, or elsewhere) costs 333€.
So today, we can estimate the price of nostalgia for this module at about 767 €...

I decided to preciously keep my good old passive multiple A-180-2.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).