this user has left ModularGrid

A wacky mix I came up with last night

I would never do this with Elektron or computer as fun!

Hi Sacguy71,

Sounds indeed as a lot of fun :-) That kind of speech sound, with which module are you doing that? Or is that some audio input?

Still happy with your Stillson Hammer? I see you use it here quite a bit.

Thanks a lot for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

I am using the Hertz Donut MK3 to get that speech sound to add texture to the lead and percussion. I love the Stillson Hammer. Super easy to create on the fly with the sliders and encoders. You do have to get used to some of the button combos and abbreviated symbols for quantized scales and sequence patterns but it's not bad. I like to use a forward sequence in a diatonic scale for the lead/pad voices and then a random pattern with another scale for the sub sequences for variety. Changing patterns on the fly is super easy once you get used to it. Now for the percussion, the Metron is super awesome! I still like my Eloquencer the best of my sequencers in my setups. I splurged on a new Vector 512 sequencer with the expander and it should arrive sometime this week along with a new mixer. I find having many sequencers and mixers to create various linked subsequences and submixes amazing way to create a fun complete track or live set. Also have Erica Synths wavetable oscillator and dual VCF on the way and another drum module then good for long time. I do need some more tools like comparator, quantizers, another VCA and so forth. Would love a sampler that can do granular synthesis and looping with cv record and playback to spice things up. Maybe Qu-bit Nebulae, Make Noise Morphagene or Instruo Arbhar? Also a random noise generator for random CV like Frap Tools Sapel or Make Noise Wogglebug would be awesome to add to the mix.

Hi Sacguy71,

Thanks a lot for the interesting details! :-)

Ah-haa! You are getting yourself now a Vector as well, I still love it, great sequencer. It's good that you ordered it together with the expander.

The Dual VCF form Erica Synths is a great filter in my opinion, so I hope you will enjoy that one :-)

Enjoy the new and great stuff and I look forward in hearing and seeing some more interesting stuff from you! Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks Garfield,

Well Vector arrived today along with Erica Synths Black Wavetable VCO, Qu-bit Mixology mixer and Erica Synths Black Dual VCF. Hooked these up except for Vector (will do that tonite) and ran sample patch. Amazing sound from the Erica modules and Mixology is a fun 4 channel mixer with mutes, solo and send/pan controls very smooth and super awesome. I am finding that as my system grows, the need for mixers, tools and sequencers is more important than a bunch of the fancy voice modules. I also ordered bunch of longer patch cables to cross patch both larger modular systems. It is easy to use up a dozen mixer connections. The 4ms VCA Matrix helps somewhat.

Hi Sacguy71,

That's great news! :-) Take your sweet time to read the manual of the Five12 - Vector sequencer and after that just enjoy that fantastic sequencer! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Have fun with your new modules and the Vector and kind regards, Garfield.

Thanks Garfield,

Yeah I now have tons to learn and use for long time. Even better, if I have a live jam in the future then I can just pop the sequencer and modules in my 6u Doepfer case and be ready to roll. I really like the Hexinverter Mutant drum modules a lot- snare and high hats sound great and tons of modulation options. My friend brought a Befaco Kickall and that is a fat bass drum.