this user has left ModularGrid

Erica Synths has a series of educational modules for learning about electronic music generation. I’ll be doing all of them, and we started with their EDU oscillator, then did the envelope. Next is this one, their simple VCA . Even if you don’t buy the kit, I recommend you download the user manual, it’s a great practical guide to electronics in music.
Very serviceable dual VCA, if you need more this is a good choice, easy to build and inexpensive.
EDU VCA build
-- Ravenware

Good for Erica! Years ago, ARP had a series of separate boxed modules for the same general reason: teaching synthesis. You sort of see this with the Littlebits stuff as well. I applaud this, though...it might not be right for us old farts, but if you've got a kid or grandkid that's fascinated with sound and electronic tinkering, these are fantastic. Take it from someone who grew up with all sorts of electronic toys.

(delayed a bit due to some odd MG behavior)

+1 on tossing the Distings in favor of a Disting EX. Plus, when you yank the regular Distings, you're 3/4ths of the way to fitting it in the build. And Jim's spot-on as usual on the 2 and 3 hp-width modules; put several of those next to each other, and you're looking at lots of annoyance, particularly if you're expecting to use this rig in a live setting.

There's better ways to do this...wait a bit...
ModularGrid Rack
OK...now this is a lot better on ergonomics. I used the tile rows for a lot of things here, so what I'm planning to do here is to go over the single 3U row and then show how the tiles interface with that.

First off, there's the ES-8, on the left end for easy connection. Above that is a stereo input...oh, and some of these tiles might seem to be Intellijel-only, but I did check in all cases and Pulplogic panels ARE available where needed. Anyway, below the ES-8, etc...in other words, where the Pam's used to be...is a Temps Utile, very much like Pam's except it's got a few extra sequencing tricks up its sleeve. That's the master clock for the build, as well as a sequencer or two.

Next in the 3U are Xaoc's workhorse modulators, the Batumi and the Zadar, both of which have their expander modules here. However, what's going on above these is the "other LFO"...of a sort. By the stereo input, you'll see a tap tempo button, then a Syinsi clock module (yep, you can tap set it) feeds a pair of small 7-step sequencers which, in this case, are NOT sequencers but instead are functioning as "graphic LFOs" (or oscillators...depends on your clock rate) for odd modulation functions. And at the right end of the Schreibmaschine sequencers is a Syinsi crossfader which also features an inverted output...this is where the LFO, etc signals emerge, which allows you to crossfade all of this into some very complicated modulation signals...all out of a few tiles!

The Disting EX is next. But now, there's something going on under this, as you'll see a DC-coupled 3-in mixer feeding a pair of linear VCAs. This is a crossmod mixer for the Xaoc modulation modules, actually.

Then after that, there's a Doepfer utility module that combines a ring modulator (hence why this is right by the VCOs), sample and hold, and a slew limiter. Finally, we get to the FOUR VCOs in here...yep, four, and they're internally quantized. The Klavis Dual Waves mkii gets put in to get four oscillator signals in just 16 hp. Wavetable oscillators, at that. So, looking up from the VCOs, you'll notice a pair of Arcus dual VCAs that can be switched between linear and exponential response, and then a Syinsi 4-in mixer for summing the VCAs, if desired.

Back to the 3U row...after the VCOs, there's a Tiptop Forbidden Planet...which is a clone-ish of the nasty, gritty, LOADED with character Steiner-Parker Synthacon VCF. What's really fun about this is that you select the VCF response based on what input you've patched into. Then, sort of below that, you'll find a pair of I/O tiles for connecting external stompboxes (two...or one stereo one) and getting their outputs back into the synth; with some ultra-crazed stereo pedal, you can add way more sonic capability depending on which stompbox(es) you use, such as some of the Chase Bliss stuff, the Hologram, et al.

Now we're down toward the "output" end...you can see that tile pair at the bottom. The final mixer here is a Doepfer A-138s, which is a little 4-in/2-out mixer with panpots on each channel. Then at the end, the mixer can be used with a Happy Nerding FX Aid XL that's there for "global" effects such as reverb, chorus, and so on.

So...where did the drum modules go? Basically...away. If I left those in, this build would be VERY impossible...and would really only result in expense and cramped panel space. The advice I'll give there is this: get a drum machine. It's far better to sync one of those to the modular's clock, since a drum machine is set up specifically for rhythm production. You're not forcing your modular to be SO inclusive that you shortchange the instrument by blundering off into that trap. Hell, $300-ish can get you some hellacious percussion-in-a-box. And as such, it'll wail right along with the modular since it'll lock to the T_ u, no problem. Or use it as the master and drive the T_ u with it. Don't look at that as a compromise move, either...it really IS the proper solution, unless you like dropping a grand or so on something that should only cost $350. And if you want to tamper with it sonically...well, that's why that stereo input tile's there. Price didn't come out too hideous, either...didn't even crack $4k!

also a guitar player here...
rack brute is ok - but wastes 5hp of your rack with it's rack wart... get a tiptop mantis isnstead - only a little bit more expensive - but no rack wart so over 40hp more rack space - it'll also mean you don't have to go for micro modules - you may still be able to pick up a real rings - much better ergonomics

for guitar input - take a look at the sonicsmith converter ev1 - ears only does amplification to modular level and envelope following - the ev1 adds a vco and the best pitch to cv converter available at the moment...

as a guitarist it's a good idea to be able to have some control with your feet (as you hands will be occupied with the guitar - expression pedals and on/off switches etc - addac are the people for that - or doepfer

if you already have the zoia, why would you want to duplicate it in the rack - especially as it takes up so much space - which is better used for other things - I'd swap the quad vca for a veils (should still be able to get one), 2hp smaller and better features imo

you may or may not need an output module, depending on what you are sending the signal to (most modern mixers and audio interfaces can cope with modular levels perfectly well - so unless you need balanced outputs the most you should need is some passive attenuators...

other than that filters and utilities (think plumbing - a rack without utilities is like a house without plumbing) would be what I would fill the rest of the space up with

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Yeah, another beginner thread... seduced by potted plant youtubers and an appreciation for random unpredictability brought on by middle age and career stagnation, here I am.

I am looking to build a system capable of interesting guitar/sound processing (more pad/swell/euphoria than bit crush/mangle) and some light generative sequencing that I could either trigger with or react to using processed guitar.

I've been playing guitar professionally for 25+ years, but I highly doubt this will ever leave my office. It's really just a personal indulgence more than a gigging rig.

I have a few synths already and a cabinet full of guitar pedals. Pieces of note, Moog Grandmother, Deepmind, Arturia beatstep/minilab/keylab controllers, Microcosm, Zoia, Strymon Big Sky/Timeline/Mobius...

I've been working my way through Comparative Irrelevance's 3 module videos, reading posts that mention guitar/generative, and just generally dabbling in ambient music for a few years. I really like the CI videos where he is processing external audio or setting up generative pads and plucks.

My purchasing plans will have to follow a phase system.

First phase: I am considering the Arturia 6u Rackbrute. I've used their products for years and have some brand loyalty. I do wish there was some built in utility like the Intellijel's but the price and I like the price and size... For getting the guitar into the rack, Ears. Then a Dual Looping Delay and Monsoon to get the clouds flavor in a smaller space. Also thinking of picking up the nRings early on since it's so present in the CI videos I like, and uJack to get the sound out.

Phase 2: Ornament & Crime, Maths, Quad VCA, Strymon AA.1 and Pam's.

From there, who knows. I love Zoia, so I'm tempted by the Euroburo. I really like the Mimeophon in the 3 module videos... But this is well into the future.

My question is, what am I going to regret not getting in these first couple phases? I know I'm probably overlooking some obvious stuff. Honestly, I'm really working off the CI videos in choices. Particularly episodes 50 and 87, but also 3, 19, 25, 34, 67, 138 to name a few.

Here's what I've got so far...

ModularGrid Rack

I know I need VCA's, clock, mult, and quantizer. I think I have some of that covered but would really appreciate any input you have. Thanks, from a middle age noob.

I love it as a LFO, i have spent close to 2 K for several complex, modulateable LFOs before discovering Plaits LFO mode - all the weird CV shapes you can dream of.
-- znort101

OK, another feature I wasn't aware of... It's in firmware 1.1. I checked and mine is that version. I actually checked by enabling colour blind mode, also in 1.1, and it worked ;-)

Modular playlist on SoundCloud

I love it as a LFO, i have spent close to 2 K for several complex, modulateable LFOs before discovering Plaits LFO mode - all the weird CV shapes you can dream of.

Nice demo that really shows off how versatile Plaits is! Some people find the sound out of it flat, but it's a very good base to work with. Its mini-Rings mode + Ruina Versio = instant metal, for example.

I really like the cello player - it's exactly the sound Autechre uses here and there and I need to try and copy it. Any hints are welcome.

I've been using Plaits next to one analog osc, a drum machine and a noise generator for three months now because that's all I've got. Just now that I've ordered my next batch (which includes a Klavis Twin Waves mkii), your video made me realise I had completely forgotten about the internal LPG/VCFA. Now there's a completely new dimension to my use of Plaits ready for exploration...

You can turn it around in your rack by clicking the rotate button - i don't know if there's a different faceplate for the inverted one but it should work as kind of a fix either way
-- Itisdud

Thanks, I didn't realise that!

It would also be nice if the inverted version was available too, so that my rack on MG looks like my actual rack.
-- mbl77

You can turn it around in your rack by clicking the rotate button - i don't know if there's a different faceplate for the inverted one but it should work as kind of a fix either way

It would also be nice if the inverted version was available too, so that my rack on MG looks like my actual rack.

Hello dear community, I've challenged myself for approx. a month recolting super nice spots on Plaits of Mutable. There are a lot of different kind of sound, showcasing the wide variety of timbre Plaits can offer.

I prefer the bottom one, but I'd dump the ladik mixer and the blank panel and add another 4* mono channels or a 4*stereo channels depending on needs...
-- JimHowell1970

Are you referring to the AI Matrix Mixer?
That‘s surprising in the past you were striking me as one of the big proponents of Matrix Mixers Jim.

-- Cangore

Haha no I was confused between the 2 cases - I mistook the AI Matrix mixer for the Ladik m-053 from the upper case...

but anyway I still prefer the bottom one - when you, inevitably, need to expand further then the tex-mix makes much more sense... as you can just add more channels rather than having to buy a whole new mixer!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

@Straticah

There is several possibility for MIDI input usage. You can play one note and use the dimension to scale to chords with all kinds of options and chords modes. You can also drone with 4 voices controlled in midi and i am working currently on a new mode with integrated VCA+ADSR so you will get some kind of a full synth voice with 4 notes polyphony within the module.

Cheers.

I prefer the bottom one, but I'd dump the ladik mixer and the blank panel and add another 4* mono channels or a 4*stereo channels depending on needs...
-- JimHowell1970

Are you referring to the AI Matrix Mixer?
That‘s surprising in the past you were striking me as one of the big proponents of Matrix Mixers Jim.

why? - tex-mix is expandable - and eventually you'll probably go past this small 9u rack at which point you can just add more channels modules as you need them - which is what I'm doing: I currently have 2 * 4mono channels and a 4stereo channels - and another mono channels to debug - currently squealing like a pig... and (3hp) douts are very useful!!

So I got bitten by the Bug and stocked up on some MI Modules and now I plan to expand my existing 120hp Weasel into a 3u 84hp thing

I have two versions roughly planned out with a lot of DIY Options in them. I‘d especially love some feedback on the Mixing Section. Which would you prefer?

ModularGrid Rack

ModularGrid Rack

Erica Synths has a series of educational modules for learning about electronic music generation. I’ll be doing all of them, and we started with their EDU oscillator, then did the envelope. Next is this one, their simple VCA . Even if you don’t buy the kit, I recommend you download the user manual, it’s a great practical guide to electronics in music.
Very serviceable dual VCA, if you need more this is a good choice, easy to build and inexpensive.
EDU VCA build

• Delta-V vs Batumi in this case, I would be SO interested to have someone with experience weigh in with Pros and Cons on this one.
    -- NICU

I have both of these. There is some overlap, but they're not really comparable. Batumi provides lots of (possibly related) playable LFOs. Delta-V provides envelopes that can loop, slew, VCAs, and attenuators in a small space. It seems to me that Batumi is more useful in your proposed rack.

-- plragde

Thanks for the info from someone who has both, seriously. I'll definitely have the Batumi in the case. Delta-V seems like a TON of useful utility, but the LFOs in Batumi are what I can't live without.

NICU on YouTube
NICUmusic on Instagram
For my baby daughter Luna who fought very hard to be here

Thread: Bug Report

Oop...now I've got a tech issue!

Apparently something about the Forum's "reply" function is Firefox-hostile. I'm typing this in (ewwwww) Edge right now, and it's working just fine. But under Firefox, I couldn't even hit the "submit" key, as nothing at all would happen when I did.

Thread: First Rack

+1 on the Mantis, of course. Right now, it's possibly the best possibility for starting out in modular. Not only does it give you 208 hp of space, the power supply is quite good, but you can also link Mantises to make a 4-row rig later on.
-- Lugia

Absolutely. I was thinking of going 1x 84HP and got the same advice. Because the Mantis was not available anywhere when I wanted to start, I got the 7U 104HP Performance Case from Intellijel at twice the price. It's nearly full now. Always get a much bigger case than you expect you need because you'll use it. Modular is about learning and experimentation and that's a process that never ends!

• Delta-V vs Batumi in this case, I would be SO interested to have someone with experience weigh in with Pros and Cons on this one.
    -- NICU

I have both of these. There is some overlap, but they're not really comparable. Batumi provides lots of (possibly related) playable LFOs. Delta-V provides envelopes that can loop, slew, VCAs, and attenuators in a small space. It seems to me that Batumi is more useful in your proposed rack.

@Ziqal Hey there it is quite hard to find tutorials on this awesome module. I read the Thread u both wrote and i cant agree more on the polyphony part since modular is kinda short on that in most cases. I really like the Chord Feature u pointed out on your website tho, since i do not own a module i cant really tell how it work. I have seen that there is a Midi in tho, is it possible to send Chords thru that? Or is the Midi in just meant for single notes that get big with the multiple oscillators?

Very nice converter, Lugia! But veeery expensive too. I can find the Pro Solo mk1 used less than 100eu

I'm not a keyboard player, I don't think I'll add a keyboard in my rig soon, just the MPC1000 for sequences and arpeggios

And its 125 € new. Also MI stopped production of all their modules.
I have one and its an awesome modulateable LFO, thinking about selling part of my complex LFO Collection that i have spent about 2 K so far because this is way cooler than Wogglebug, TINRS Wobbler, Thorn VCLFO and 5 other LFOs i have in my rack.

Who is going to buy this? It's twice as wide as the clones, which are 8HP wide, and has the exact same controls.
Behringer's eurorack modules so far have been disappointing to me. They are cheaper, ok, but they are too bulky for the features they offer. I'd rather pay 80 Euro more to get a thinner module.

Instead of 3 Distings, what about a single Disting Ex? The user interface of the Disting EX is 10x better than the standard Disting, and it's also more powerful than two single Distings independently, for about the same cost and space.

Also, second the comment that three Distings would drive me insane. I have a single Disting EX in a small system and even just that makes me feel like a clumsy idiot non-stop. Easily my most intimidating module, personally I couldn't cope with more than one and still feel creative!

NICU on YouTube
NICUmusic on Instagram

I've built a couple of Frequency Central kits, I could write better build guides, the one's I've used were vague and outdated and lack proper clarity for simple key bits.
Had my eye on that Stasis Leak though.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

+1 on the Mantis, of course. Right now, it's possibly the best possibility for starting out in modular. Not only does it give you 208 hp of space, the power supply is quite good, but you can also link Mantises to make a 4-row rig later on. And at $335, it's in the STOOPID-CHEEP zone as far as outlay's concerned. And Tiptop even makes a matching gig bag for it.

And the other thing Jim mentions is very true: starting with too small a cab will lead to the expense of another cab. Even if it looks like you'd "never" need another cab...you're going to need another cab eventually, so you may as well stall that as long as you can by getting something bigger and fixing the need for more cab space before it happens.

Actually, if you can scrounge up just 8 hp, you couldn't do much better than dropping an Expert Sleepers FH-2 in there. And that not only gives note#/noteon/noteoff, but can also handle keyboard controllers that have...yep...poly aftertouch. And it's got a few other tricks up its sleeve, such as clock-synced LFOs, arpeggiators, VCO autotuning, and Euclidean pattern gens. To me, it makes more sense to have something like that in the cab rather than relying on outboard devices.

Yep...I remember that a friend of mine had some FC stuff in his small rig, and as far as I know, it's still in there years later. Probably some of the better DIY kits out there...

Thread: Bug Report

Pretty normal MG behavior, actually. Just keep in mind that, when putting a build together, you need to refresh the page on a semi-routine basis to avoid these "jumpy modules". Also, when you have the "slide-under" problem, just move all of the jinky-acting modules to outside the cab, then put them back in carefully so that you're always getting everything properly side-by-side. Usually that, plus a refresh, fixes much of that nonsense.

The other important thing is that you have to use that refresh on the SCREENSHOT once you've completed things. The screenshot is very important if you're aiming to show your build, as that's what the Forum uses for the builds you see being discussed here. So when you're done, pull down the screenshot (from the 'Views' pulldown) and refresh it. At that point, it should perfectly match the build page. If not, refresh that screenshot again.

Love my Disting but three of them would drive me mad, let alone crammed next to each other!

You’ll need the Modes app so you can look up the parameters - case you didn’t know of it. And with 3 Distings it’ll be your most used app.

Cool. Have to check those out!

looks like a great start - but there's not enough expansion room - get a bigger case to start with - it's a cost saving in the long run - mantises are a great size for a starter case, are reasonably priced, have very good power supplies and are made by a reputable company... buy one...

looks ergonomically deficient to me.... all those 2 and 3hp modules next to each other are potentially unplayable... do yourself a huge favour - get a much bigger case and a much higher proportion of modules with proper knobs and spacing for fingers... or just get fewer modules...

Thanks Cangore, that's absolutely invaluable feedback. I will certainly be using it, and here are some of my return thoughts if you're interested in reading a short essay (lol).

• One of your most brilliant points is dead on: Now that Plaits is in, I can take out the 1U Osc. Good point calling them both "utility oscillators", which is my thinking also. But since Plaits is 100x the utility voice that 1U Osc is, and I have plenty of modulation sources (don't particulaly need the 1U Osc in LFO mode either) so that 1U space could be better used. I'm excited about this one!

• I thought about flipping the case, but two reasons I won't. Aesthetically, it bugs me having everything upside down. But more importantly, in my (current) layout at the end of this post I have the specific design goal of the most hands-on modules around the edges left, bottom, and right of the case.

Then the big "central hub spots" for cables spaghetti like Veils, Batumi, Stages, Links, and the output mixing are in the center/top right. It's like that less-accessible area of the case is just magnetically sucking all the cable spaghetti towards it, which is exactly what I'm going for. Just look at the density of jacks starting from Links all the way to Desmodus, it's glorious!! Hehe.

From experience in how I patch, and the tight areas in my current system where EVERYTHING always ends up getting patched together, this layout should hopefully contain the worst of the dense cable spaghetti up and away from my main control area!! Very excited about the thought I've put into this cable management!

• With Steppy, I already own the 3U version so that's why it's not in the 1U row. I also would prefer the 1U setup, but it's only a slight difference to me and not worth buying a second Steppy at the moment. My experience using the 3U Steppy is that it's very hard to use when covered with cables, but as long as it's relatively on the outside of the system somewhere, it's easy enough to get to. I'll be using Steppy to set up event programming, clock divisions, triggers etc, but probably not much for live performance.

• Highly unsure about dropping Noise Tools - feel it brings a lot of simple utility without too much overlap of the other stuff. Then again, Marbles does have a clock, and there's definitely "thematic appeal" to making Marbles the main clock of the system. I think it would need to be replaced cause it brings: 1x slew, 1x track and hold, Simple noise source, 1x simple random source - all things that I can cover with other modules, but it's still a lot in a small 1U package :)

• Peaks and Kinks. Oh, I wish - I desperately want both. I've been looking for a surprisingly long time without finding either one available to buy. I'll get one of each eventually (I hope!). If done with a clone, it's no problem and would save space - but obviously to fit the theme of this system, it's ideal to use the origianls.

• Quantizer (Bard Quartet): Good question. To me it seems so small for what it provides ^_^ Why it's in there:

So, I've got a Quantizer fetish and think this is the perfect Quantizer module for this system. Marbles is great but not enough separate channels for some types of patches. I like having a keyboard for programming (not performance in this case, which is why it needs to be accessible at the edge but not necessarily "playable"). Also, having the option for keyboard-programmed, harmonically-unified Quanitization across 4 voices (and even a pseudo CV-controlled "song mode") gives me an enormous amount of traditional tonal control over the system in just 10HP.

Supposedly I'm classically trained in Western music too, so having this small 10hp concession to "traditional harmonic control" feels worth it to me as an alternate way of interacting with the system.

Note - I could be wrong, but my research indicates Plaits does NOT have a quantizer (although Braids did (?) removed because Emilie thought it was overloaded (?) Don't quote me.). So I think you might be mistaken on that front but apologies if not.

For anyone keeping track, here's the current state of the design before incorporating Cangore's feedback:
ModularGrid Rack

Cangore, I'll take your ideas and start working on the next revision to share here when I think I've got something!

NICU on YouTube
NICUmusic on Instagram

Hello!

New to Modular Grid and new to modular world. My first eurorack modules are on the case and I'd like to connect them with my MPC1K as I'd like to use it as a sequencer, I definitely need a midi to CV converter. As my eurorack is small enough I don't like to waste space and buy a module so I prefer to go with an outboard converter like the Kenton Pro Solo. But there are three versions and I'm totally confused, do I need the latest mk3 version or the first one (black) is more than enough? I just need a midi to CV converter, I'm not planning to connect the Pro Solo with other synths or drum machines etc and not with any other midi controller, only the MPC1K with the eurorack

I can find pretty cheap the first black version mk1 and I'm wondering if it does worth it to spend more for the mk2 or the latest one mk3 version. Do I need all these extra features they offer? Does anyone have any experience with these converters? Please let me know if I'm missing something

Also, there are some affordable converters from Doepfer like the MCV4. Are there any major differences?

Jamming along to a generative sequence that uses Rings, SQ-1, precision adder and turing machine.

The Happy Nerding 4x Stereo Mix is pretty good if you don't mind the dual knobs - https://happynerding.com/category/4x-st-mixer/
-- wishbonebrewery

How do the dual knobs work? Do they push in / pull out to switch which channel you're interacting with?

-- Podfrog

They are concentric knobs, with the center one controlling one channel and the outer "ring" controlling another. You can't push them in but they don't protrude that far from the panel tbh. I find them ingenious and love how they save space without compromising playability.

The Happy Nerding 4x Stereo Mix is pretty good if you don't mind the dual knobs - https://happynerding.com/category/4x-st-mixer/
-- wishbonebrewery

How do the dual knobs work? Do they push in / pull out to switch which channel you're interacting with?

ModularGrid Rack

Here‘s another Suggestion on my Part.
I really think the layout should be different so I flipped the Case.
Plaits replaces the 1u Osc as the Utility Oscillator for FM and Stuff.
Also Peaks and Kinks should be in there, they Help out so much and are essential to a Mutable Rack if I‘d Build one.
Id drop the Noise tools for Marble Clock and Kinks. Rather get Steppy down there.
One more thing I didn’t understand is the huge Quantizer. Did I miss something? Plaits Quantizes already, Marbles can Quantize for Elements and Tides can follow via PLL. So basic setup should be Golden even without another Quantizer.
Theres still some room in the 1u row to experiment with.
Hope someone has some more Suggestions.
Maybe Delta V would be better than Batumi afterall? But I really wouldn’t want to make that decision.

Best
Chris

Edit: Oh and Tides needs that quad VCA to shine as a VCDO imho so Veils is right beside it.

outboard mixer

Erica synths sub mix of DFAMs and LXR-02 OR Subharmonicon + Nebulae
-- rest goes into outboard mixer for EQ

It would be a Niftycase most likely or something that is powered. I haven't quite finished what I would fill this out with yet, but it's just a first idea. Some of the modules are a little heady for a first rack I think, but I am planning on getting them all slowly.

This is allready planned out quiet good and versatile... but will this be a NiftyCase or actually a wooden Box - because in that case it misses the Power Supply.

Seems like a good thought out Case - what it just seems to miss is a proper Filter.

Hi ADR, All,

Thanks a lot for that link, good to know it's coming! ...And now it's waiting till it becomes available ;-)

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Just wanted to update with my current arrangement and ask again for feedback:

ModularGrid Rack

Main changes:
- Changed Erbe-Verb for Desmodus Versio. Similar CV-reverb functions but smaller.
- Worked Plaits in. Didn't feel right leaving it out.

I'm more than happy with:
- Sound Sources (Elements, Tides, Plaits, 1U VCO, External Audio Input, Noise Tools, Ripples, Desmodus Versio)
- Modulation Sources (Tides, Batumi, Stages, 1U VCO, Plaits, and plenty of audio-rate options)
- Primary Sequencing & Quantizing (Marbles, Bard Quartet, Steppy, Stages)

Main concerns:
- Still could use a more experienced eye on the "plumbing." Do I have a good balance of utilities, routing, switches, VCAs, attenuverters, CV control, mixing, etc?
- Do you see obvious blind spots or weaknesses in this setup? "Day-to-day" problems that will be frustrating?
- Is there anything that YOU would really miss having in my proposed system?

NICU on YouTube
NICUmusic on Instagram

this user has left ModularGrid

you are welcome, love the STMix for small cases.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery