no it's a similar concept
-- ivager

Whatever, anyone eating Whimsical Raps' lunch is fine by me! I await more information.

If this is a direct ripoff of Three Sisters I love it and I want it!

I’ve been testing for a couple of days and can no longer reproduce, so it seems resolved. THANK YOU!!!

Maybe I should have noticed that every time I was getting to the “d” in “Clouds” something happened, but I never used the keyboard shortcuts anyway.

1. The search field occasionally stops accepting input. I can type part of a module name and the field will arbitrarily no longer let me type.
  2. Refreshing the page usually allows me to fix this.
  3. However within the last month, a new behaviour has presented itself. Intermittently, after refreshing the page to resolve the above issue a number of modules (possibly up to half) will be deleted from the rack. There’s no rhyme or reason to it, but anecdotally the 1U row in my Intellijel case is always deleted and the upper row in my Make Noise case seems to be targeted.

Chrome and Safari, anecdotally worse in Safari.

Overall I’m really disappointed with what seems to be a progressive degradation of mobile support (many things just “don’t work well” but are intermittent or simply difficult to use).

When I have free time to use Modulargrid I am largely on a mobile device, similarly when I need to refer to Modulargrid while building a system I am most likely to use my phone, as it is the most practical.

I’m between worlds. I love my Mackie for general studio context but I really want to be able to take a balanced 1/4” stereo output straight into some other system and show up armed with only an Intellijel performance case...

The issue, as I see it, is upstream. Eurorack went from 1) being an implied monosynth to 2) being an awkward groovebox with clunky, expensive panning/mixing/sequencing/FX and some units like Clouds which are fully stereo, to 3) being an implied multi-voice studio-in-a-box but still struggling with the basics for a variety of reasons (some of them market-driven and not easily solvable).

The makers of the larger “performance mixer” modules have taken a slightly self-defeating approach: there is almost nothing “modular” about these units, and they make all sorts of assumptions about what users want to actually do. Even the makers of smaller “stereo mixers” such as Erica Synths—who I love I should say—have made some really curious assumptions about stereo placement. Why should only one channel be pannable and why only via CV?

To give you an example, my system is three voices. I don’t need four or even six channels, but I desperately want free panning and multiple stereo FX returns. I have no need for CV control over anything, and I prefer to mute CV rather than audio for cleanliness.

I prefer small modular solutions which are chainable or interact in some way to create the right solution for me. Intellijel’s Mixup was an excellent purchase for me because it gives me two mono channels and two stereo channels. I can rig up a dry mono voice (bass/kick), wet mono voice, dry stereo voice, and wet stereo voice in 6hp.

I really liked the look of Knob Farm’s Hyrlo and Ferry modules but was unable to purchase before they sold out. FX send in 6hp sounds right.

I would prefer to support small MODULAR solutions and create workarounds to the rest (ask me about my FX send woes some day lol) using attenuators, VCAs, mixers, and switches which are all stock eurorack components and always able to be repurposed, rather than invest in a massive thing that won’t always suit me. That was why I got into this.

Good luck and have fun!

Please for the love of god. It's such a mess.

Please also:

• Make "Show other/unknown Modules" unchecked by default
  • Or make it a setting.

Thread: We Devolve

Bastl Hendrikson also: http://www.bastl-instruments.com/modular/hendrikson/

Erica Synths Black Hole DSP sounds quite good and the overall functionality is good but definitely not great, owing to the limitations of the FV-1 chip. If you're taking MIDI in it sounds like you've got a computer in your setup. Perhaps you could use Valhalla reverb in Ableton or similar...