First off, +1 for the (Unicorn) API, it would allow some features that won't be making into the main site (in time or ever) by community without creating a new competitive site, splitting the user space.

And the primary request:

Bookkeeping of my actually owned modules

I'd like to use MG for two things: keeping track of my current actual setup, and toying with the past or future racks that don't actually exist. The second need is filled, but the first isn't, since I have multiples of many modules, and "my modules" just won't cut it.

One way I could see it done (without breaking, only adding):

• Add a active flag for a rack, as suggested previously. In this case it would mean that the rack physically exists, and is not an archive or future plan.
  • For each "my module", add a number field to specify how many of the module I actually own (called instances below).
  • For each "my module", show how many of them are currently in my active racks.
  • Add ability to list all "my modules" where $owned_instances < $instances_in_active_racks. This would show what actual instances of modules I own, but have stored away (not in the racks).
  • Bonus: Add ability to list all modules in my active racks, where $instances_in_active_racks > $owned_instances. This would show the modules (or instances) I don't yet own, but have decided to actually get by adding them to the active racks.

As little harder bonus, in the active rack you could almost be able to view which modules are not in "my modules", but it would require some additional logic to determine "which of the 4 Links-modules in my 2 active racks are the 2 that I actually own".

Especially now that I'm designing and building new cases, and all of my modules are stored away in cardboard boxes, I would desperately need this x)

In future rack changes I could uncheck "active" for the racks that are going to be retired soon, create different size replacements racks as "active", and it would be easy to add the owned module instances not in the current active racks.