I do have experience with the module and contacting Synthrotek. Mix does have quirks which I assumed are from its passive nature and inexpensive 2hp design. Like, for example, turning unused channels all the way down when not used. Not turning the channels all the way up when using 2+ audio signals. It was like $25 so I can't complain. I still use it occasionally for audio but I have multiple active mixers for CV use. Their website says it's not suitable for additive voltages.

As for customer service, I contacted them for an incorrect order (they sent a DIY kit for Arcadian Rhythms instead of assembled) and they shipped out a new completed module by the end of the day. Got a free kit out of it.

There are people on the site that give companies they don't like 1-star (for whatever reason) effectively ruining the rating system. So don't put much stock in ratings. If MG showed the voters that rated 1-star, you would see the same people voting for things they haven't used. So yeah, useless rating system mostly. Unless it has lots of votes. Some stuff isn't even out yet and CoolGuys(TM) will "vote" 1 or 5 stars. BLM has an etsy store with legitimate reviews if you're curious (5 star seller, over 100 sales). I have a few BLM modules and they are fantastic.

It's fixed! Cheers!

Two cables? Use the 10-to-16 pin cable. 10 pin connection to back of module, 16 pin connection to upper or lower power in 6U Rackbrute. You shouldn't have to worry about the red stripe (-12v). Both Behringer and the Rackbrutes use keyed headers so things will align naturally.

edit: I haven't seen the back of that Mix Seq so I'm assuming there is only one 10 pin connection.

Weird stuff is... going on 'round here. Like when I zoom in on the Afterneath module, it turns into the silver version! Now that is spooky! I suspect whichever panel was uploaded last becomes the "main" panel.

Doesn't the mother 32 have weird CV tracking or something like that? I googled "Moog mother 32 cv in issue" and there is quite a few people with mother 32 cv problems. It's why Erica Synths released that Pico MScale module, right? Does the Beatstep have different voltage settings for the CV out? Perhaps it's set to work with the mother 32 but not, uh, "normal" V/Oct?

I don't own any of that so I'm just guessing.

I ordered a QuantiZer from them on Wed. Sept 15 and it arrived the following Monday. Since the pandemic I don't expect packages to arrive on time but I do remember Control sending out a couple of emails about how the pandemic affected them.

You don't list your country of origin (edit: after re-reading your post, I think you're in the US?) so that could be a huge factor. Priority is above first class. Beginning October 1st, crony and unexperienced puppet USPS Post Master General Louis Dejoy is slowing down first class mail. Read about the shitshow here. Also, it's possible in rare scenarios that the package is on its way but hasn't been scanned. The other week I received a package that was scanned once it arrived at the origin facility and then wasn't scanned again until it arrived at my doorstep.

I would call Control and try to figure out the situation. Maybe it was suppose to go out and didn't.

My comment was a word of caution about choosing modules based strictly on aesthetics alone and allowing "thumbs down" to affect choice. You asked for an opinion on Dreadbox and I told you mine. I didn't say specifics because you didn't specify which Chromatic module and I don't have experience with their cream colored modules.

Though, I'd be more than happy to discuss the Chromatic modules I DO have. The Hysteria analog VCO with built-in quantizer and morphing waveforms blows my mind because it is $99. Also, at the same price, Utopia module with buffered multiples, 4 attenuverters, CV LFO, offset, "pulserizer/distortion", and intuitive normalization. The Chromatic modules are feature packed and super affordable. That's the point. Not really the color. I mean, 95%* of all modules are grey or black anyway. After a year and a half of owning these, I just don't think about the color. Some of my favorite legendary artists have entire systems of Doepfer or Analogue Systems or Moog Modular. Those aren't exactly visually striking.

Go with whatever module you want. All I'm saying is a $4000 64hp single bandpass filter isn't automatically better just because it has a hand-painted Renaissance-inspired painting on it. And a thumbs-down from some random anonymous forum user shouldn't damn a module to obscurity; especially from a beloved creator.

*made up number

If you decide to go that route, Addac sells a smaller dual VU meter. https://www.addacsystem.com/en/products/modules/addac800-series/addac812vu

Paratek also has a variety of single VU meters if you want larger.

If you're not buying modules because of aesthetic reasons... what are you doing man? Is it going to mess up your instagram pics? #blessed #justmodularthings Choosing fashion over function is not recommended. You'll miss out. You're shooting yourself in the foot because no one else is using your rack.

And online rating systems have been ruined over the past decade. Amazon, Walmart, Yelp, etc. For every 1 good review, there are several bad or disingenuous reviews. Every time a Behringer module is posted on MG, people rush to give them a 1 star and then they pat themselves on the back, "I saved modular synthesis! Hooray!" But in reality, they've just contributed towards making rating systems worse as a whole. i.e. Ratings should be taken with a huge grain of salt.

In other words, the Dreadbox Chromtic line is great! :) People love Dreadbox's desktop synth line-up. So it's nice to have an affordable, fully-modular version. And after a while, you won't even notice the aesethetic. The function is the important part.

Thread: Tuner

I came across this tuner on etsy: Ecolab OT1 Tuner and Oscilloscope - 4hp - $124 - from Germany ecolab etsy link

The little banana lights up when tuned. Seems simple and affordable enough.

The dual envelope? The Doepfer website says the LED is for the output so it should light up once you send a gate into it.
-- catwavez
Can you send me a link that you looked at...i went to http://www.doepfer.de/home.htm and didn't find anything on the a-140-2...saw something for a-140, but they look quite different.

-- jb61264

Here is where I found it. http://www.doepfer.de/a1402.htm

The dual envelope? The Doepfer website says the LED is for the output so it should light up once you send a gate into it.

Thread: Oscilloscope

Here's one. DIY and completed. $155 USD. https://waveformmagazine.com/the-gateway-oscilloscope-waveform-diy-project-2-1/ I haven't used it but this particular oscilloscope screen can be found on numerous hobby sites. If you could save more, the Dave Jones O'tool Plus is totally worth it.

This was an early image Behringer posted in 2018. Pretty sure this was integrated into their larger stereo output module. There was a couple that were combined into other System 100 modules. Like the Slew and EQ modules. I think! Haven't checked these out in a while.

Odd. Never heard of that issue. Behringer synths have a 3 year warranty so you might want to contact them. And if they ever decide to release the Neutron VCO as its own module I would gladly buy one! Hopefully they would add a 'fine tune' control though.

Man, I LOVE the Neutron's 3340 VCOs! haha The blending and cv mod of the waves... Magnificent! My favorite part of the synth actually. Was sad to see them go once I sold it but felt the Dreadbox Hysteria was a better replacement. The morphing LFO was very cool too.

By the way, the Neutron's LFO is digital so you might want to keep that in mind when shopping around.

Only yuppies pay $16 to fill a 18hp void
-- superunfrontable

Just realized that modular grid has user ratings. I don't use this site for buying or selling but apparently I have 1 "thumbs down" from a supermanchild [edit: for the record he changed his name to HersheyHighway after saying I was "emotional". lol.] I apologize that my comment made you soil yourself and you had to retaliate with a game changing thumbs-down. My life will never be the same after this.

User reviews and user rating systems on the Internet are all fairly useless because of people like you.

so edgy. . .
-- superunfrontable

~ superunfrontable in medieval times ~

"Oh you're sawing someone in half? rolls eyes Sooo edgy."

Thread: Korg ms20

G-Storm Electro just announced and released this $125 "KVP" voltage processor. Convert cv/gate from eurorack (v/o) to Korg (hz/v) and vice versa. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/g-storm-electro-kvp