Thread: Small Guy

Looks like a good small starter rack to me, except, you may want some sort of output for the system for listening reasons. Unless you have an external mixer like a Bastl Dude.

Lugia, thank you so much for your reply. I already own Clouds and Peaks
Yeah, it's not your typical modular synth. I'm using the 1U Output Mixer mainly for panning and mixing two stereo signals to channel through the Pico DSP, then through Ciao!.
I'll definitely keep your advice about the power supply in mind. The Ciao! also provides a cuing channel for the Morphogene (Turntable) and my line level out.
My case is Synthroteks Waterproof 104HP 6U + 1U Portable Eurorack Case which comes with filtered busboards

Designed around beat making, scratching, and fully utilizing a Beatstep Pro.

I'm not sure if you already have the case but if you don't I would recommend getting the synthrotek power lunch (44hp) because it's powered on the side of the case you don't have to get a power module. So more room for other modules.

Although, I am considering triggering the Bitbox with an AKAI MPD218.

Thread: Sonenrack

I suggest adding DATA by Mordax and mixer(s).

Is everything connected properly?

Thread: For Sale

Both? But it might be easier to sell everything separately.

Unless you plan on buying/constructing a powered case you definitely need a power supply module. Thats all I got.

I think a Beatstep Pro would be a good addition for sequencing everything and melodies, you probably already know the O-Coast has midi and cool midi functionalities.

Thread: THE ULTIMATE

Akemie's Castle is in my opinion is the king of FM. I like the whats going on but not sure how your using the DSP.

Rows 1 & 2 are my current system, and rows 3 & 4 are going to be a mix of Intellijel 1U (row 3) and Erthenvar/Pulp Logic (row 4)

-- DJMaytag

Hey just a heads up, not sure if you know this or not, but the Intellijel 1U modules only fit in Intellijel racks (they're slightly smaller then everyone else's 1U modules).

I totally agree on using the best tools for the job and that I am also limiting myself but I feel I should explain more in-depth of what this rack is. This rack was designed with three goals in mind: portability, playability and minimal computer interaction. The main idea behind this rack is using audio as the oscillator and everything else is used to modulate, transform, time stretch. sequence and organize that audio in real time. A live hip hop modular dj system so to speak. I could just use a computer, MPC, drum machine, turntable but what I really like about modular is the unpredictability and being able to modulate everything, even the clock.

Thank you racooniac, I appreciate your feedback. I'll have to look more into the functionality of MPC's.

Hey Modulargriders, I've been conceptulizing a hip hop (or trip hop) oriented beat making machine. It's designed to emulate an MPC, drum machine and scratchable turntable with added effects. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Questions?
Listed below are additional modules, mounted in an additional case, which I believe will complete the system:
PulpLogic 1U 2180
Syinsi CV Touch
Syinsi MIDI Clock
PulpLogic 1U B-Mult
MengQiMusic Please Exist Tile (Girl)
Tiptop Audio Circadian Rhythms
Make Noise Rosie