The small knobs are a bit difficult to reach, but you can't minimize HP and have large controls. The button / knob combos must be memorized and probably could not be used in a dark venue. Otherwise this is a very interesting module to use. I think the compromises they made were well considered. This thing would be twice the HP if was say an In5tro designed module ;-)
-- mntbighker

Thanks for the very considered assessment. Yes, the functionality-footprint tradeoff is something we thought about very carefully, and obviously every player will have their own preference on that continuum. The line we took was that, with all we wanted it to do, yes, footprint would far exceed what was reasonable or practical were it to be 1-button-1-function. We therefore designed it so that the most important musical elements (pitch, duration and octave) are directly accessible on the top layer and the more detailed ones are only ever a single button-hold away, clearly marked on the panel. Finally, it is first and foremost an instrument so a modest amount of muscle-familiarity with it to get everything out of it is, I think, a reasonable solution. There's a lot of comment on how quickly this comes in the user testimonials here...

https://www.stochasticinstruments.com/feedback

...and also a nice demo here (fwd to 24min 45sec). Thanks for engaging :-)

Stochastic Instruments Ltd.
Rethink Random//Perform Process//Create Chaos

Save the World Entire: Vegan
End the holocaust. Change our world with science.

Just to say I had the pleasure of using this in beta and it's superb. Beautiful construction, clean aesthetics, unique user-controllable Lin/Log taper response (while remaining an entirely passive module—very clever!). A great first module from a company you're going see a lot more from.

Phin Head
Stochastic Instruments

Oh dear - I completely agree and finalise a sale with @Jonjonjon , go to PayPal him, and literally the second before I hit Pay he messages to tell me not to bother because he's now sold it to someone else. I explain that this isn't cool, but I hear nothing back, so I perfectly reasonably down-rate him...and he then retaliatorally down-rates me in response for doing absolutely nothing except calling out his poor behaviour!! People, we act with integrity and honour here. This is not cool at all.

Moreover, I think we need a system to discourage retaliatory rating, although I recognise that that will involve more work for the site managers.

Thanks to @phinland for a super-smooth transaction...
-- @aphew_goodman

Cheers Gabor, pleasure doing business! :-)

dBs Music Presents the Electronic Music Weekender!

Following our success with last year's event, we are hosting a weekend dedicated to Electronic Music in Plymouth, held in the iconic Plymouth Athenaeum, one of Plymouth's oldest and most sort after venues.

Modular Meet II @ The Plymouth Athenaeum: Friday 3rd May 14:00 pm - 22:00 pm

Modular synthesis experts / enthusiasts / industry insiders / manufacturers / workshops / guest lectures / demonstrations / masterclasses / performances / Acousmonium / product launches / beginners to professionals welcome

Live Night @ Plymouth Hanging Gardens: Saturday 4th May 20:00 pm - 04:00 am

--
Tickets: https://www.facebook.com/events/597190694132017
Flyer: https://drive.google.com/open?id=118aRHlhijC9sl4R9UMdFDffACyof1gVo

Thanks dude, glad you like it! Ultra-quick, no hassle payment, very accommodating on postage too (agreed to overpay to cover postage options, then I refunded once we knew the postage cost, worked really well). Cheers @mister_wavey

Great transaction with @tomlaan on the fantastic MI Plaits. Exactly as described, as new, fantastic comms, really easy to meet up in the Hague, and a really nice guy as well! Cheers Tom!

Just bought the brilliant Make Noise Optomix v2 from @kansha aka Chris. Lovely guy, really understanding, module exactly as described, lightening postage, arrived the next day. Trade with complete confidence. Cheers Chris! :-)

Great deal with @GOLDEG - very nice to deal with, good coms, sent me the tracking number as soon as it was posted, and it all arrived safely! Please also see his post above detailing his name change from @penrose_riots

My brilliant 4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator just arrived from @Infiltrator - lovely guy to deal with, lightening postage, all tracked. Trade with complete peace of mind. :-)

Just bought the superb Delptronics Triggerman from @Soundgoon - extremely quick postage and really nice to deal with!